Origin or Steam

jetkami

I went to the Origin site to look around. What I found was on Origin games appear to be more expensive. Is Origin going to match Steams phenomenal price reduction sales and enable gamers to save tons of money? So far the evidence is lacking.
Looked at the game Bullet Storm n both sites.

1. http://store.steampowered.com/app/99810/
$29.99

2. http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.226783800
Promo $24.35

Origin lacks Metascore ranking, Steam posted the demo...Origin does not. Steam list direct links to games forums so I can read the comments of gamers who own the game and get more information. Orgin ...nothing. Steam tells me"1,014 players recommend this game to their friends". Origin....nothing.
well do a page comparison for yourself and you can see that Steam knows what information gamers need before spending the hard earned cash. Origin just looks like a fancy Craigslist. What are your opinions.

Yeah, exactly, Origin sucks. And with BF3 now not being on steam.....ugggghh What to do, what to do. Hopefully EA will change it's mind, but I doubt it.

I went to the Origin site to look around. What I found was on Origin games appear to be more expensive. Is Origin going to match Steams phenomenal price reduction sales and enable gamers to save tons of money? So far the evidence is lacking.
Looked at the game Bullet Storm n both sites.
Origin lacks Metascore ranking, Steam posted the demo...Origin does not. Steam list direct links to games forums so I can read the comments of gamers who own the game and get more information. Orgin ...nothing. Steam tells me"1,014 players recommend this game to their friends". Origin....nothing.
well do a page comparison for yourself and you can see that Steam knows what information gamers need before spending the hard earned cash. Origin just looks like a fancy Craigslist. What are your opinions.

Try to remember that Origin is still pretty new. When Steam first came out it was as basic as Origin is right now. The thing you have to remember about Origin over Steam is the odds are a lot of EA games will eventually only be able to be bought on Origins and won't be available on Steam. (Example Battlefield 3)

Give it time...having a healthy competition for steam might be a really good thing down the road :)

When your potential opponent has Master lvl skills. And you are a nymph (term used for baby grasshopper), unsheathing your sword causing the blade to sing may bring only swift destruction to you and your clan.

Back