Outlook web access folder transfer

ACE99

Hi

A stupid client has been using Outlook web access at work to access the work email instead of using outlook, which has much more functionality. They has created and moved emails to different named folders using web access but now i have come in to update the computer system for the company i realized this and told them they should be using outlook and that web access is only really there for them to access their emails when they are not at work!

However i cant figure out how to transfer all the folders from web access to outlook as they don't transfer automatically when you set up outlook. (I doubted that they would!) Anyone have any ideas on how to transfer the folders across as i am completely stumped!!!

Thanks for your help.

(It is a "@btconnect.com" email if that helps)

hmm; Outlook Web still accesses the Exchange Server(ES).
this url shows that while the ES has the data store, that ANY email program can
still access the same users inbox.

your issue (imo) is to configure a Pop3 or Imap client to access your ES.

Yes i have set up Outlook to access the correct email using the pop3 and smtp addresses for the incoming and outgoing mail server and they can receive new emails perfectly but it does not download any of the files they have created in the inbox using "Web Access" and so subsequently does not download any of the older emails except for the ones that were left in the inbox.
Thanks again for your help.

Ah, I was going to say, if you're using an Exchange server, this should not be an issue.

Your only hope is to get a connection using IMAP, or fiddle Outlook to connect to it in Exchange mode - BT won't help you with that though.

Forgive me, I don't use Exchange nor Web Access, but the expression
files they have created in the inbox using "Web Access"
is a tad strange.
One creates outgoing email and it first appears in the Outbox and then, if so configured,
is moved to the Sent Folder upon completion.

Are you suggesting the some Draft is written, saved and the manually relocated to the InBox?

Setup the account as IMAP, and include the folders on the web access panel and it should synchronise them for you.

Sorry what i meant by "files they have created in the inbox using "Web Access" " was they received emails into their inbox and created files in their inbox to sort them into useful folders. I will try using IMAP and let you know what happens. Thanks for all your help.

Back