Overheating E8200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matuku

First off, I have read the sticky :p But then I also read the CPU Temp list and this still seems suspiciously hot...

I used PC Wizard to make these measurements when the PC was idling:
Hardware Monitoring : ITE IT8718F
Voltage CPU : 1.12 V
+3.3V Voltage : 3.38 V
+5V Voltage : 5.15 V
+12V Voltage : 1.29 V
VTT : 1.73 V
VBAT : 3.14 V
Processor Fan : 1038 rpm
Chassis Fan : 10 rpm
Power/Aux Fan : 10 rpm
FAN3 : 1132 rpm
Processor Temperature : 39 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 29 °C
:
Processor : Thermal Diode
Intel Core 2 Duo (Core 1) : 53 °C
Intel Core 2 Duo (Core 2) : 48 °C
:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 : nVidia Driver
GPU Temperature : 52 °C
GPU Ambient : 40 °C
GPU Fan : 40%
:

The strange thing is that the case shouldn't be anywhere near that temp; it's got a 25cm intake fan on the side, another intake at the bottom front and a 12cm outtake fan on the back. I put my hand over the outtake fan and even under a heavy load of gaming it's not more than lukewarm. But the core temp under load rockets to high 60s, not healthy. Any ideas what could be causing it? I can't do much more to increase the airflow; all the fan points are covered and the 25cm behemoth is bringing in enough air from outside.

EDIT: The two 10rpm fans aren't connected to the motherboard so I would guess that's why they don't have accurate readings; they're clearly going more than 10rpm by eye!

Temperatures look normal for an E8200... when you have HOT, you will have 65C to 69C
Check your thermal paste to assure that it is as thin as possible... most do not understand that thick thermal paste can act as an insulator.
But it would help to know a whole lot more about the motherboard, cpu fan, and cooling system...
Two 10 rpm fans?????
You may have a problem with the fans or the install.

Note that the temperatures you are supposed to get with the suggested device are about what you already get. You system is not overly hot.

So the 8200 often runs at that kind of temperature whilst idling? What about the GTX 260; does that seem overly hot? Where is there information on the kind of temperatures you expect?

As I said, the two 10rpm fans don't worry me; that measurement is clearly wrong as the fans aren't connected to the mobo so it has no measurement at all of how fast they're going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back