P8Z77-V Deluxe/i5-3450 unable to install Windows 7

ArmyofKirb

First of all, I just want to say thank you for reading my post. I am unable to install windows 7 on my system. It fails immediately after beginning the file expansion. It displays error code: 0x80070570 (full error message below) . Below are my system specs as well as my troubleshooting attempts.

[FONT=verdana]Windows cannot install required files error 0x80070570[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]The file may be corrupt or missing.. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart installation.[/FONT]

System Specs:
Troubleshooting:
My motherboard has both UEFI and Legacy BIOS. After some reading, I thought it might be due to a GPT/MBR conflict. All memory tests good, no faults.
  1. I changed the Compatibility Support Module setting to [Enabled] and selected [Legacy OpROM] only.Attempted install, no change.
  2. I removed all other hard drives other than the one listed above. No change.
  3. Did the following: "SHIFT+F10" then "diskpart." Selected disk 0, "clean"ed it, and used "convert MBR" command. No change.
  4. Used different install media. No change.
  5. Attempted install with all USB device except keyboard and mouse removed. No change.
  6. Attempted install of Ubuntu x64 12.04. Install successful. While usable, I don't know Linux. This won't work for me ;) .
I am at a loss as to what to do next. I have exhausted my tech knowledge and troubleshooting steps. Can you help me with this and get Windows 7 installed/working? Thank you so much for your help.

I sounds a bit as if you might have an upgrade disk, not a clean install one - if so, you would need to have the appropriate version of Windows to upgrade, already on the HDD (or use some sort of hack or workaround, which I couldn't possibly condone).
Hope this helps. :)

Sometimes bad memory can prevent a clean install of Windows.
I've had that happen to me once on a new build. I pulled the RAM and tried one stick at a time and was finally able to install Windows.

I did as he suggested, and went down to one 4x4GB stick, and it installed fine. I have already updated my UEFI/BIOS. It's a little ridiculous that more RAM would cause installation to fail. I swore it was a UEFI+GPT and MBR incompatibility.

I did as he suggested, and went down to one 4x4GB stick, and it installed fine. I have already updated my UEFI/BIOS. It's a little ridiculous that more RAM would cause installation to fail. I swore it was a UEFI+GPT and MBR incompatibility.

You may want to replace the memory with something from the qualified vendor list (if you haven't done so).

I found one stick that was bad. I'm down to 12GB of RAM, but system is stable. I am planning to upgrade to faster RAM, so I think 12 is fine for now. Take away from this is this: MEMTEST by itself can't tell you if your RAM is good. Hell, I even have built in testing on mboard, and it said the RAM was good too.

I believe most manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty on RAM. If you wish, you could consider contacting the manufacturer and RMAing the defective stick.

Back