Page fault in nonpaged area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,
I built up a computer a few days ago.
The first day everything worked out fine.
I played games like crysis and mass effect 2 with the highest resolution without any problems. Recently when I surfed the internet a bluescreen came up saying "page fault in nonpaged area" and the pc rebooted. That appeared about 5 times in frequent intervals. After the pc crashed about 5 times everything worked fine for the rest of the day. That appears every single day. It's like the pc need a warm-up-time.
First I tried to format the harddrive but without success. It still crashed...
Then I tried it with another harddrive because sometimes the bluescreen also contains something with "page fault in non paged area - ... ntfs.sys".
It also appeared with the other one...
Then I tested the ram with Memtest 86+ via boot-cd.
I've got 4gb and I first checked one 2gb unit for 24h (50 times pass 0 errors) and antoher day I took the other 2gb and also 50 times pass with 0 errors.

My hardware:
MSI 770c45 AM3
MSI HD 5770
BeQuiet Pure Power 430W
4GB-Kit G-Skill PC3-12800U CL9
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Box, AM3

I just installed Win 7 and the newest ATI driver for the HD 5xxx Series.
I've read a few similar stories here but I couldn't solve it.
Anyone who has got an idea?
Thank you in advance!

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

We need your minidump files.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Okay, I attached the dump files.
I think the problem is caused by the g-skill ram which has a problem with the msi board. I found a thread in a forum where a guy has exactly the same problem with the similar hardware. he doesn't reply to my post so I don't know how he solved it.
there are also members without any problems with the msi board an the g-skill ram.
I tried to adjust the voltage from 1.5v up to 2v but nothing changed.
also switched from 1t to 2t...
I really don't know what to do next. the ram is brand new but the shop won't send me another type because its not faulty.

Attachments

• Dumpfiles.zip
    146.7 KB · Views: 1
One minidump cited memory corruption but since memtest was run extensively with no errors memory voltage does become suspect. How does your system run with only one stick installed?

One other note of interest is that the Avira driver was cited as not able to load: avgntflt.sys. With your symptoms this could also point to the fact a conflict has ensued between your system loading to Windows and your security engaging at the same time causing issues.

okay...
i haven't tried it with one single stick yet, i'll do that tomorrow.
so what would you suggest regarding the vga driver? i installed the newest one from the ati site. should i try an older one?

No, not an ATI driver a Avira AntiVir driver system driver file. I misspoke in my previous post and said it was an AVG driver which it isn't (and which I will correct).

If you have minidump files due to BSODs after installing one stick and uninstalling Avira please attach them but please don't zip file each one individually.

Okay...
I tried it again and formatted the harddrive, installed win 7 but this time with the msi graphic card driver (instead of the ati).
I also updated the bios.
this first day everything seemed alright and I was so happy!
the next day I worked for 2 minutes and it shut down again.
first I couldn't start windows because I just got a temporary profil but after I few restarts he found the old one.
I've got 3 new dump files.
would be great if you could check them.
I think the next step is to change the ram and test another power supply.

Attachments

• dmp.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back