Page loads blank or with no pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

killermiller

Hi
I don`t think my laptop has a virus because i`ve tried all the removal tools.One or two pages just load a blank page or a page all over the shop with no pictures.The same site loads exactly the sam using firfox so its not just in ie.

if anyone can help
thanx km

Gosh, you know, it sure is easier to help out if we have some clues:

1. Operating system
2. Browser
One or two pages just load a blank page or a page all over the shop with no pictures.
This can be caused by programming error on a site.

As mentioned, a URL for us to check would be helpful. IF we can view a site with the problem, we may be able to pin down a cause. Surely you can understand how we can't do anything without information!

Thank you. Here is the contents of the page, loading on Firefox v3.0.4:
Internet Explorer 7 Browser Problems......web pages won't load properly and sometimes not at all.
Asked by jojocpa in Internet Explorer Web Browser, Web Browsers, Windows XP Operating System
Tags: Microsoft, Internet Exploer, 7
There are three users on this XP computer. Problems with IE7 began happening with two of the user accounts. The third user account is fine, browsing works perfectly and the following problems don't exist:
1.) When logging on to ebay the following message appears: "Your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL"
2.) On Sirius.com, I cannot get the entire page to load e.g. pictures, flash screens, logon to internet listening etc.....
3.) Cannot get Hotmail.com homepage to load (just a white screen)
4.) Can get into Yahoo mail, but can't open messages or delete messages.
I'm sure there are others as well, but this is a good representation of the problem.
Prior to all this occuring, Norton Internet Security was experiencing a problem...the anti-virus option somehow got shut off and couldn't be turned back on. I reinstalled NIS and the anti-virus automatic on feature works fine now. It seems, though, after the reinstall of NIS that these other problems began occuring. It is strange that one of the three user accounts is seemingly unaffected by all of this. I did try to create a new user account to see if the 2 problem accounts were somehow corrupted, but the new account has the same problems. I am baffled and ready for outside assistance. I've attached a "hijack this" file from one of the "infected" users for your benefit. I've run complete virus scans and adaware full system checks and found no errors; these are registered programs with Norton and Adaware. All three users have administrator rights with their profiles. Been using IE7 for over a year now with no hiccups. Thanks for your patience and time reading this.Start Free Trial

You may or may not know that to get the reply, you have to pay. Questions get listed in Google, but their membership cost bucks! So if you were looking for the answer, won't get it unless you're a registered member.

The same page also loaded fine on IE6.

I put the same title in a Google search: "Internet Explorer 7 Browser Problems......web pages won't load properly and sometimes not at all" and found other sites- see if they load:
http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-22794-page-cannot-be-displayed-msg-in-ie-mozilla
http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6620_102-0.html?forumID=14&threadID=115198&messageID=1308524

This comment was made by a Firefox person on site complaining about sites not loading:
Did everyone miss the point here or what? All those pages don't load in Firefox because they DON'T FOLLOW THE WEB STANDARDS. And, vice-versa, some pages (such as certain ones in mozilla.org) don't show correctly in Internet Explorer because Internet Explorer DOESN'T FOLLOW (all) THE WEB STANDARDS.

NOTE: spelling corrections were not made in quoted text.

Thanx
I tried all the links with no success.The one thing i did do was create another user on xp.This then gave me access to all the sites previously i couldn`t .
Is there anything i can do or do i have to switch user when i want to go on a site that doesn`t load??
Thabx km

Don't know why another user account would work- unless it's a permissions issue. Are we talking Administrator/Guest accounts here?

Sussed it many thanx anyway.it turned out to be my antivirus popup blocker.The antivirus had problem loading with the new user account so everthing worked,but when it did load it all stopped again,so this give me a clue.
cheer anyway km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back