Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area with BSOD on system shut down (pci.sys related)

smashr

Hello everyone,

Recently I started having my PC that would reboot when I would ask him to shut down with the windows shut down option.

I deactivated the automatic restart when a BSOD should appear option to see if I would get a BSOD and I do.so far I got two, since I only shut down twice since. the first was about a "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" error that was related to the pci.sys file and the other was also pci.sys related but without the "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" part. The second suggested I try changing my graphics card, which I can't it's new and I got it because the old one fried after 5 years of loyal service.

When I added the card I had other problems but not this one, to fix those here are three manipulations I made that might have caused the BSOD to start appearing:

- Opened my PC case (with power off of course) and check for connections in it, my DVD drive was not correctly connected, fixed it.

- On the motherboard there was a battery looking like a watch battery, took it out for 10 secs to restore factory settings on my motherboard.

- Went inside the BIOS of my motherboard and stumbled upon the fact that USB 2 was not activated, so I swiitched from USB 1 to USB 2.

The BSOD doesn't appear everytime. I have no idea about what could be the cause of the problem, I tried looking on the internet , but found a really wide array of causes from condensators to graphics card drivers and other things.

If anyone can help thanks !

Back