Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area x50 setupdd.sys after using new video drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Toshiba M35-S456 Laptop w/Windows Home OS. I decided to upgrade to Win XP Pro sp2. Everything installed just fine, but the VGA controllers. I went to Toshiba site and downloaded the video drivers (nVidia G-Force FX 200) which is the correct drive for this particular model, but no luck. In my effort to find the VGA drivers, I downloaded several VGA compatible drivers from different sites. After I rebooted the laptop, I received a blue screen with error message: "dumping memory"", I did not want to go through finding the drivers that caused it and removed them, so I decided to reinstall windows again. I boot up from my Win XP CD and started to format the HD with NTFS. While formatting, the process finished 100%, but after reboot I received another message: "Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area x50 setupdd.sys" I used the Recovery console to chkdsk /r, and a different error message came up: "'The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems”. I cannot access the HD volume to reinstall windows. I used command “fixboot” and “fixmbr”.

Do you have any data which you may need on that hdd partition? and Does the setup sees the partition correctly?

If not, you can try to delete the partition, and recreate a new one, then format it (don't choose quick format option though) and install the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back