PB iStart 1359 ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vale46

Hi, just a quick question about this PC.

I got this ages ago and dug it out for a friend to learn with, it has 1gig of DDR2 onboard (2x512) and i was just wondering if i could up it to 4gig ?

The ram for sale sites tell me it can only have 2gig but i have 2 spare 2 gig strips that match and wondered if i would blow anything up putting them in like its the MB that cant handle anymore then 2gig !? i dont know ;p

I know 32bit OS only use 3gig ish but i was more afraid of damaging something upping it to 4gig. (I know it wont see 4gig i just have them in a drawer)

Hope you can help me out before i plug em in lol

Regards,

Vale.

Go to your pc's or motherboards manufacturer's web site and look up the specs it will tell you what the max ram capability is.

you will not be able to use anymore than 3.1gb of ram if you have a 32bit operating system. Even if you install 4gb

I know 32bit OS only use 3gig ish but i was more afraid of damaging something upping it to 4gig. (I know it wont see 4gig i just have them in a drawer)

QUOTE]

Thanks, i already knew that as mentioned in the first post ! my worry was, all the Ram sites, like Mr ram and Memory bits all state this PC only takes 2GIG, is that a motherboard maximum or something else ?

Like i said, these 2 Ram mods i have are just wasting away in a drawer so putting them in isnt a waste even if i only get 3.1GIG form them, i just dont want to damage the MB.

Is it possible to use these 2 mods even if the Ram slae sites only state a max of 2gig ?

Will it damge the MB ?

Thanks again for any unput. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back