PC a Hotspot

I have a long range usb internet connection setup on my PC. How can I make my PC a hotspot so I can connect my iPhone wireless through it.
Thanks
Parabolic Antenna connected by cable-- to external realtek 8187 adapter connected by USB - to PC by USB.
I share my internet with a friend who has the equipment.

What OS? If WIn7:

Right-click on the adaptor in Network Adapters, click 'sharing', 'share' it with the wifi adapter. Create new ad-hoc wifi connection, set it to saved, connect to it with PC. Then connect iPhone to the ad-hoc network.

This is assuming you have wifi on the computer. There's also a couple other ways to do this.

Thanks! Is there a better way, since you said there are several ways.
I just set up a security system that has option to view through internet.
Would I need to buy a router to do this or have it connect through the PC and leave it on all the time. Thanks again. Someone mentioned using a switch, not sure what that is.

Yeah, you can use a switch and connect up multiple things to it (it's like a router). But the problem is, that your PC needs to be on for your household to have Internet connection, since you're connected via an antenna? Correct?

If you can change it so that antenna goes to a router, you can then just have everything connect to this router.

Yeah, you can use a switch and connect up multiple things to it (it's like a router). But the problem is, that your PC needs to be on for your household to have Internet connection, since you're connected via an antenna? Correct?

If you can change it so that antenna goes to a router, you can then just have everything connect to this router.
What kind of switch do you recommend! I buy alot thru amazon. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Since the router is at my friends house and I am connected thru long range usb cable to him via wifi, I watched a couple of videos and they have the router going to the switch. Do I need to go from PC with ethernet cable to a switch and then plug into my DVR security camera system?

You should probably ask your friend, he probably knows about the setup more. I'd say you could use a USB adaptor to plug directly into another switch..

Back