PC became much more slower after upgrading

I've recently Uprgraded My Computer Mainly Because I wanted to Change my Processor, so I upgrade it from AMD 7300 APU to i5 2400 and I also bought a h61 motherboard with it but instead of making my computer Faster It became Much More Slower For some reason I already reinstalled windows and everything but nothing seem to work any advice would help please.
my spec
Processor:i5 2400 3.1Ghz
RAM: 8GB
GPU: AMD Radeon Rx 560 Series

p.s:Sorry If My English is bad, English is not my main language

Last edited:

neeyik

Staff member
What do you mean by slower? Does it take longer to start up? Does it take longer to find files? Do games run slower?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you mean by slower? Does it take longer to start up? Does it take longer to find files? Do games run slower?
Game run slower yeah, I've also found out my cpu speed is running slower than the base speed

neeyik

Staff member
Not a brand I could find a manual for, but it's likely to be very similar to most models of that era. Within the BIOS, there's likely to be something listed as 'CPU Configuration' - look for the following options, if they exist:

C1E Support - set to Disabled
Hyper-Threading - set to Enabled
Package C State limit - set to No Limit

Also look for 'CPU Performance' or 'CPU Advanced' options such as these:

EIST - set to Enabled
Turbo Mode - set to Enabled

You should also check that the Radeon RX 560 is being used in games, rather than the Core i5-2400's integrated GPU. Easiest way to do this is to find a 'Chipset' option in the BIOS and look for these settings:

Initial Graphic Adapter - set to PCIe or PEG
IGD Multi-Monitor - set to Disabled

Reactions: DeanEx