PC doesnt boot

meric

Hi all, First of all here's my system specs:
Intel Core i5 4460 (Haswell)
Gigabyte H97-HD3
Sapphire Nitro R9 380X

OS: Windows 10 and Linux Mint Cinnamon (tried 18 and 19)

Problem:
My main OS was Windows 10. I was using that for a couple of years with no issues whatsoever. Yesterday when I power on my pc it kept getting stuck with a black screen. It doesnt reach the windows logo so I cant F8 into safe mode. The screen goes off with no signal before the windows logo. I tried to reinstall windows, deleted the windows partition and recreated a new fresh partition but at the next step it keeps giving an error like this: "windows can't be installed on this drive because it's locked. unlock the drive and try again". So after failing to install windows, I gave a chance to Linux Mint.

I can install Linux Mint but it can't boot normally either. I keep seeing the same black screen (no signal) as was in Windows 10 before. The system only runs smoothly in recovery mode (software rendering mode). The same happens in a newer version of the OS too (Cinnamon 19)

I just want to boot into any OS with no issues :) I'm stuck at the moment, please give me advise, what's the problem? Faulty hard disk or faulty GPU or faulty PSU or faulty Mainboard?

If I can understand the faulty part (or if the problem is from software side) I can attempt to solve the problem.

Back