PC FPS Drops to 0 / Freezing?

I think I posted this in the right section of the forums. But, I have been having an issue for the last 2 months or so with my Computers Frame rates dropping to 0 / Freezing on me for just a split second. And I mean .05 - 1 second of freezing. I'm having trouble finding out the issue. So I figured I'd ask you guys.

Basicly, I start my computer up and go to play so games. I have absolutely NO issue whatsoever for a few hours. Then out of nowhere I get these type of "Freezes". It's a little hard to explain but it's like a slur. I play a game called Path of Exile that allows me to see my FPS on a graph. Whenever I experience these "Fps drops/Freezes" it drops instantly to 0 and freezes just for a second. But, It doesn't only happen on that game. But it does it to my computer in general.

So, I decided to look into it and see if I could find what the issue was. I've done multiple things like seeing if my cards were overheating, if my cards were up-to-date, and seeing if I had a virus. I ran full scans on my pc and came up with nothing. The cards were up to date and running at good temperatures under a full load. (50c). I really can't prove it's not a virus but highly un-likely becuase of the fact that the freezing doesn't start right away. But, a good 4-6 hours later and repeats non-stop untill I restart my computer.

The only thing I can think of right now is possibly my power supply isn't good enough? Though, I've read and they say that a Power Supply doesn't 'cuase FPS drops. But, if it were a freeze maybe it's possible? My Power supply is fairly bad.(385W).

PC Specs -
Nvidia Geforce GT 640 x2
Intel Core i7 3770 CPU
8GB Ram
64 Bit

Sorry if I repeat myself. I'm a gamer that loves to game. But bad with computers tech-wise. Contradicting isn't it? :D Thanks for all your help in advance.

Back