1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

PC keeps freezing randomly

By Tigershark0610 ยท 6 replies
Apr 5, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. Help my pc keeps freezing even num lock state wont change im suspecting that it is a hardware problem because I already reformated it a couple of times
    Specs:
    gigabyte 990fx-ud3
    amd fx 8320e
    gtx1050ti
    hyperx ddr3 ram 4 slots 4 gb
    psu:aero cool APS-RV800-P01 800w
    sp 240gb ssd
    1tbhard drive

2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,917   +1,156

My quick guess is that it is RAM.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/260813/how-to-test-your-computers-ram-for-problems/

If you can't run stable enough to test then try just one stick in a couple of slots and then another...if you find it is now reliable, then I would be suspicious of the other stick. At this point make a note of the suspected stick and try it again. If it appears that it might be 'ok', test RAM thoroughly.

If this does not get you 'ok', then please provide more detail - especially, what happens as you start and use the system leading up to a freeze. Also, check 'reliability history' for information about errors - click on red dot to get more detail.

seeprime likes this.
  3. Tigershark0610

Tigershark0610 TS Rookie Topic Starter

It happens when gaming when idle ,browsing or watching videos

4. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,917   +1,156

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  5. Tigershark0610

I
    It isnt the psu I swapped it with 3 psu already and it did not help

6. Tigershark0610

T
    Nothing is in the reliability history

7. Cycloid Torus

Summary: freezes just any time; no appcrash in program or driver (no reliability history issue); reinstalled OS several times (clean reinstall, I hope...Win7?,8?,10?); swapped PSU for several others (so, not PSU).

And results of RAM test? (see post #2 above)

If your system is more than 2-3 years old, when did you last clean out dust? See videos on YouTube if you haven't. If 4-5 years, when did you last change thermal paste?

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...