Win 10 PC keeps freezing

Emoon327

Hi I'm new to this forum and posting from my phone at work to save time.

Starting yesterday between 5-7pm my computer froze while playing Final Fantasy 14 Which it never did that before, I had to power cycle it to get it back to normal

This morning before work, I was on firefox downloading a gfx card update and it froze again

I rebooted, was able to get the file downloaded. But then I had to leave.

Corrupt file scan showed nothing and several days worth of Mbam scans came up clean

I'm totally lost here and not sure how to fix. Im thinking about buying another PC but I really don't wanna have to, any help greatly appreciated :)

Running win10 64bit
Gigabyte mobo
16 gig's of skill ddr3
Zotac gtx 1060 6gb
SanDisk 240gb ssd(system)
Amd 8350 Fx cpu
Wd 1tb blue hdd
298 gb 2.5 hdd
Asus DVD drive
Evga 500 watts bronze psu

Does it only freeze under load or at any time?
Try resetting the bios..it may help

How do I reset the bios? Is that risky? Seems to not be doing it after dism tool check and sfc scan in command prompt. And say it probably wasn't under load, seem to be occurring with in 45-mins to an HR after start up

Last edited:
"Seems to not be doing it after dism tool check and sfc scan in command prompt." - Looks like you have started off by doing the right thing.

Do you have a full backup? If not, consider backblaze, iDrive or similar. [https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-cloud-backup,review-2678.html]

Time to 'look inside': open case and check for dust - buildup can result in heat problems (see YouTube for various videos)..... and to 'look inside', by using Reliability History to identify issues [https://lifehacker.com/how-to-troubleshoot-windows-10-with-reliability-monitor-1745624446].

Another source of issues can come from Windows updates - which can sometimes fight with your slightly older GPU drivers. Consider downloading DDU from this website and removing old drivers and then downloading and installing the latest WHQL version directly from nVidia.

Let us know how it works out.

Back