PC plugged in and monitor boots up, says lenovo, then says "power saving mode" then a black screen

As my title says, I have a Lenovo- Ll2264d 21.5 inch IPS LED monitor. And my pc I am trying to use is a IBUYPOWER- Desktop - AMD FX-Series - 8 GB memory - NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 - 1TB Hard drive. So here's my situation. I have a Toshiba Satellite that I plugged a HMDI to HDMI cable into that went from the laptop(Toshiba Satellite) to the monitor. That worked perfectly fine and I had no problems with that. So that means the monitor and the HMDI cable works fine. But when I got the IBUYPOWER pc and tried to plug it in with a HMDI cable and a VGA cable(on seperate tries) it would say it would be connected but on the monitor, when I tried to boot it up, would say "power saving mode" then eventually go into a black screen. Note that the fan and lights are working fine on the pc. So how can I fix this so it will work? My HDMI and VGA cables aren't faulty, the monitor isn't faulty, and the IBUYPOWER pc isn't faulty. So how do I get rid of this "power saving mode" screen without being able to get onto the computer?

Sounds to me that it is the video connection at the PC... IBUYPOWER is unknown to me... can you provide specifications for motherboard and CPU - need maker and model and version as marked on motherboard - nice to have CPU model, at least to determine if it has Internal Graphics - Check your manual to see if there is as you may need to change setup/BIOS to an external card.

Sounds to me that it is the video connection at the PC... IBUYPOWER is unknown to me... can you provide specifications for motherboard and CPU - need maker and model and version as marked on motherboard - nice to have CPU model, at least to determine if it has Internal Graphics - Check your manual to see if there is as you may need to change setup/BIOS to an external card.
I'm sorry. I'm not that much of a computer person I'll give you the link to the computer and monitor because I have no clue on how to get any of that

Pc:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypow...-1tb-hard-drive-white/5600316.p?skuId=5600316

Monitor:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-li2264d-21-5-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/5203101.p?skuId=5203101

Read your manual, do what it tells you to do as far as getting the external graphics video card to work. I suspect there is a probem with the video card. You may not be able to fix it. In that case, I would dig out your warranty and bring the problem to the folks that sold you the system and monitor

Start new topic. Read guide to posting. Provide specs and details describing problem. Basically, few if any 'have the same problem' otherwise they would have found the solution.

Back