Pc restarting

Hello, I came here in hopes someone may have the knowledge to help me before I bite the bullet and pay for a repair shop to do it.

To preface the post here are my specs : 6700xt, 5600, b550m pro vdh wifi, tx850m - All parts purchased new.

ever since I built my pc I have been getting restarts when opening almost any game, I have managed to make a few old titles like csgo & tf2 working by lowering the power limit & the gpu clock, on other games a little more intensive lowering power limit and clock simply turns an instant restart into 20 minutes then restart . Im not getting bluescreens, I just get the restart on its own - nothing notable in event viewer ( just kernel power 41) and before I finish ill add all parts were bought new & I have already reinstalled windows and ddu drivers. Just to finish -also hwinfo shows that the psu supplies the 12 volt & 5 volt until restart,
This seems to be a fairly unique case as I couldnt find much info on my particular problem

Thanks & ill do my best to answer any questions

Any possibility of being able to swap your graphics card for a friend's, to see if your PC works fine with a different card?

It’s the best way to isolate which part is the problem. It sounds like the graphics card is the issue but if it works fine in another machine or another GPU runs perfectly okay in your PC, then you can dismiss the motherboard and PSU as being faulty.

Hello, I came here in hopes someone may have the knowledge to help me before I bite the bullet and pay for a repair shop to do it.

To preface the post here are my specs : 6700xt, 5600, b550m pro vdh wifi, tx850m - All parts purchased new.

ever since I built my pc I have been getting restarts when opening almost any game, I have managed to make a few old titles like csgo & tf2 working by lowering the power limit & the gpu clock, on other games a little more intensive lowering power limit and clock simply turns an instant restart into 20 minutes then restart . Im not getting bluescreens, I just get the restart on its own - nothing notable in event viewer ( just kernel power 41) and before I finish ill add all parts were bought new & I have already reinstalled windows and ddu drivers. Just to finish -also hwinfo shows that the psu supplies the 12 volt & 5 volt until restart,
This seems to be a fairly unique case as I couldnt find much info on my particular problem

Thanks & ill do my best to answer any questions
Hi,
Based on the information provided, it sounds like you may have a hardware issue, specifically with your power supply. The fact that the 12V and 5V rails are supplying power until the restart suggests that the issue is not with the GPU or CPU. It could be that the TX850M power supply is not providing enough power to your system, or that it is malfunctioning in some way. You can try testing your power supply with a multimeter to check the voltage output under load, or try using a different power supply to see if the problem persists. You may also try monitoring your GPU/CPU temp and GPU power usage during the crashes, it could be that the GPU is overheating or drawing too much power causing the restarts. It may be worth considering contacting the manufacturer of your power supply for further assistance.

Back