What OS are you using?
Did you format your computer recently?
Are all of your driver's up to date?

sound

More info please...

What OS are you using?
Did you format your computer recently?
Are all of your driver's up to date?

yes i did format my computer recently and i am on Window XP home eddition, not all but most of the drivers are updated, driver detective didnt find any driver problem. window update not showing if i need to instal any sound driver also. control pennal/sound says there is no sound divice. so dont know what to do. should i install new sound card or sumthing else. please help

Click to download then run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Then (still under Preferences) click Report and uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report report in plain text. Check these items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Multimedia
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
Generate a DirectX report
click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Advanced Reply)​
Problem devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. (may few second till new window opens)
  • Expand Components (click + sign next to it)
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click it, then Edit->Select All then Edit->Copy and then paste into your next post

Excuse me, this is not meant to insult you but, did you check that the speakers were connected and the power plugged in?

Best,
-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back