PC suddenly got a lot slower with almost every program crashing

So , almost everything that I've done, except the Google Chrome, works terribly, for ex. Folders load for quite the while, Windows media player is very laggy, like watching a online video with terrible internet and a lot of buffering, also when I click around a lot it stops working. Same with steam, Can't get to my library without it crashing, usually have to wait 2 seconds before making a click, otherwise it crashes if there's too much input...Yet the internet browser works perfectly

As I said, it happened suddenly, I turned the PC on and steam already was already freezing up. Maybe someone did somthing while I wasn't home, but there's not much they could've really done.

Also it's not a insufficient space problem, there's 14GB free on my SSD and 138 on the HDD

Specs:
CPU- i7 3770
GPU- GTX 970
RAM- DDR3 8GB
Motherboard- ASUS P8B75-V
OS-
Win7

Also I'm doing a full scan on the pc now, but I have a feeling that this antivirus will make me pay to clean the pc...

You are not 'clean' yet. Go to the next forum and make sure you are 'clean'.

Elaborate, please. What haven't I done/need to do? Are you saying I need to post it there?

also the lagging dissapeared, the antivirus worked, but it deleted or maybe just hid my D:/ drive and I don't know how to get it back.

Just forget about this post...I just paniced and acted too quickly, everything is fine now, for some reason the drive showed up after like the 3rd restart...

Sorry for the trouble!

Why can't I delete the post...?!

Go to the forum on Malware, just a single pass with Avast will not guarantee you are clear and clean. Once malware gets into a system it can drag in all sorts of cr*p. First step is to go through the long and difficult process of getting clean.

Go to the next forum, read the 'sticky' and do the cleaning - about 3-4 days of careful work should get you clean. Otherwise, I would suggest that you reformat both drives and start there.

Back