PC tower fan is noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

Iv no idea how to find out the make or moduel of the fan.

One day last year it beggan to make strange noises, rattling. When i reset the pc it stopped.

I looked online recently and found it could be multiple reasons so i opend the pc, took a good look inside, removed the fan, cleaned very single area of the fan, put it back in, ensuring nothing was damaged.

When i turn the pc on, and im looking at the fan it seems to be working perfectly but with the noise. If i run my finger along the smooth centre to slow it, it makes no noise.
If i slow it down with the three speed button thing that hangs from the fan then it still makes a noise.

The fan has lie a suspension on it and when i press it in theres no noise, when i let it go the noise rattles again.

I personally think that inside the fan, right where the motor is spinning theres is a problem of dust or something but i can't be sertain.

I want my fan to make no noise but be on full speed as befour since im a heavy gamer and i work with music too.

What should i do?
If i want to buy a new fan, how do i choose one that will fit into it's place?
My pc uses a fan for the power supply, a fan for the cpu and a fan on the side of the tower. What do i do if i want to add more fans to my pc tower?

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

If i were to mod the case, where would i even put the fans? I ehre people with over 8 fans...

I know the air is supposed to go in one direction so they should all face the back of my pc, but i dont see any room at all on the back part. Any tips?

Mod the fan for 10v operation (10 Ohm , 2 watt resister...a few cents from your local electronics store). I outlined the procedure here in an earlier thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back