PC won't boot at all anymore, after giving "Power surge on usb" error for a few days

Hello,

As of 3 days suddenly at random my pc would give me a pop up saying: "Power surge on the USB port". Which would make my headset and headset charger not work anymore, and sometimes it would crash which ever application I was running at that time. It would work fine again after a restart.

This morning however, it kept on saying it on every restart. I tried putting my headset charger in another usb port, but that made my pc start with the keyboard not working. So then I tried to put it in the same usb port while the pc was on already and then it suddenly shut down. At first I though I accidentally touched my power cable while I was plugging in my headset charger, but even after changing power cables, it still won't boot. No lights are on, the fans don't do anything either.

I have no clue what to do, would this be a psu problem or a motherboard problem? Or something else?

Any help or questions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Power Surge on USB means that some device is drawing more than the MAX 500milliamps allowed.

Disconnect all USB and boot again, does the system come up?

Back