PCI device drivers?

pw2much

I have the Driver Whiz driver updater program and it showing that my Pci device driver is not installed or out of date or missing but the deice driver doesn't have a description of what device is being used there it's an unplugged device. Now I downloaded another driver program and what it said was thatit was the AMD Pci Express(3GI0) filter Driver.The only problem that I have been having lately is that I cannot scan or fax from my HP printer software on my computer to the printer which is a HP Officejet j4680 aio now I have uninstalled and re-installed all of the software did a uninstall_L3 uninstall and I still cannot scan.Now on my Norton Diagnostic Report it says that the ELBYCDI0 driver is missing but I installed that driver twice but my norton still says it is not installed. can someone tell me if these issues are related and how to fix them

You are asking for more trouble using a driver finder program. They are less than dependable giving you advise. Get into the device manager and look for any yellow exclamation marks. If you find any, let Windows try to find a driver by clicking "update driver" and do the recommended search on-line. If you don't see any, don't worry leave well enough alone. The PCI device drivers should be part of the motherboard chipset driver. Don't forget to use Windows Update and download all hardware and critical updates found. Check regularly...

On the 'Driver finder' programs, I am generally a fan of these, but they often 'find' an older version than you have installed.
I tend to use the information given, but check for the actual driver at the manufacturer's website.
In the case of the printer driver, and using an HP scanjet G2710 here, the drivers were not available for Windows 7, (possibly are now) , and I installed the Vista version, which would not launch from the desktop, but yet would work perfectly from the 'scan' option of the program 'Fastone image viewer'.
If wishing to uninstall a printer driver, I use 'Revo' uninstaller as it does a more thorough job, than does the programs uninstall routine.

Back