PCI video card with HDMI

martinlw

Hi,I have noticed when i have a HDMI cable connected from my Tv to my computer that the computer is slow in loading up and my computer screen misses the first bit showing computer details and starts on the windows 7 blue screen,this happens even if the television isnt switched on.The only way round it is to unplug the HDMI cable and then the computer regains the normal start up speed and begins with the data,Is there anyway round this so i dont have to keep on unplugging the cable.Regards Martin.

Very strange behavior. What is the cable connected to on the PC - what card and is it a full sized HDMI port? What TV and what kind of connector on the TV? Are you using any adapters? Do you have the latest driver for your video card? Can you try another HDMI cable to rule out cable issues?

Hi,The card is a Nvidia GE Force 8400GS,it has a HDMI connection and is connected to the one of four HDMI ports on my Phillips TV no adaptors. The HDMI cable is 15 metres long.The latest Drivers are installed.Regards Martin.

What brand and model is the video card? Did you try connecting to other ports on TV?
The only other thing I can think of to try yourself is to swap out the video card and cable with replacements to test and see if the replancements work.

Hi,I think i will just have to put up with it to expensive to replace,anyway thanks for the help.Regards Martin.

Back