PCIe not working

4 month old Lenovo H430 running WIN 8, Intel I3 3.4ghz w/1 PCIe 2.0 slot. Upgraded to 8GB Corsair RAM, 550W Cooler Master PS, Nvidia GForce GTX 550 Ti. GPU worked fine for 2 months until I updated to latest drivers (as of 2/20/13). After driver update and reboot I get NO VIDEO. Disconnected power to GPU, switched back to integrated VGA, reboot and it works fine. Uninstalled everything Nvidia related. Used Driver Sweeper to make sure. Reinstalled GPU. Same results. Warranted GPU. Reinstall. Same results. Called Lenovo CS and decided PCIe was bad. Warranted MB. Installed GPU on NEW MB. Same results. Entered BIOS. Set integrated VGA to default. Connected power to GPU. Boot up and integrated video works. Attempt to install GPU drivers and it fails to recognize the GPU. Removed GPU, installed neighbors AMD GPU. Same results. This is obviously a software issue since 2 different MBs are failing to recognize anything in the PCIe slot. Please advise.

First few questions that pop into mind:

Updated Bios?
Updated chipset drivers?
Updated VGA drivers?
Test with your neighbor's PSU

All drivers up to date. Swapped PSU for a Corsair 650w unit from brothers gaming rig. Read somewhere that clearing CMOS might help. Leary about doing this as I'm not the one who set up the current (replacement) motherboard and don't want to F anything up.

Why do you have integrated VGA set as primary graphics out? This is a problem. Should be PCI.

Put in GPU, no drivers yet. PC detects card, but uses integrated. Install drivers.

With PCI set as primary and with GPU installed in PCIe I get no video on boot up. Only get video with integrated VGA. With PCI set as primary, with GPU in PCIe slot, but disconnected from PSU, I can get video through integrated VGA. But with power connected to GPU, I get Nothing.

With PCI set as primary and with GPU installed in PCIe I get no video on boot up. Only get video with integrated VGA. With PCI set as primary, with GPU in PCIe slot, but disconnected from PSU, I can get video through integrated VGA. But with power connected to GPU, I get Nothing.

Is this with the drivers installed?

Back