People are already lining up for the iPhone 6, but don't laugh, they're making big bucks

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Call it dedication, loyalty or just outright insanity but some people are already lining up outside of Apple’s flagship store in New York City in order to be among the first to get their mitts on a smartphone that hasn’t even been announced yet - granted, it’s a foregone conclusion that Apple is going to announce the next generation iPhone at a scheduled media event next week.

Brian Ceballo and Joseph Cruz arrived outside of the NYC store last month – August 31, to be exact. Ceballo told CNBC that he and Cruz, who represent electronic reseller BuyBackWorld, wanted to beat the current in-line record of 18 days.

people iphone apple iphone 6

But when Jason and Moon Ray approached the duo and offered them $2,500 for their spot in line, they happily agreed.

You’re probably wondering why anyone in their right mind would wait in line for what will likely be close to three weeks if Apple’s previous launches are any indication. I mean, don’t these people have something better to do? Like, a job?

To these guys, waiting in line is their job - they're professional line-sitters. Ceballos and Cruz have already pocketed $2,500 this week. Ceballo estimates he has made around $7,000 waiting in line for various Apple product launches – not to mention the attention he’s received from the media and what it has done for his social media following.

The Rays, meanwhile, will be spending the next few weeks promoting an app called VideoMedicine which allows users to Skype with doctors.

Permalink to story.

So you have someone paid $2500 to wait in line to get a phone... This is part of the reason I can't respect people who by apple products. It is not that I think they make a bad product, it is that I disagree with their business practices. Throw this obnoxious behavior in the mix and you have a recipe for some serious hate. You don't see these lines with android products, you don't see it with windows products. You see some of it with consoles, but it's usually no more than a day(Although I think even that is retarded)

I'm at a loss for words for what the Apple sheep will do for their products. It's like a drug to them, hell the OS is the same across devices and that is the part that you really interact with.

People are being arrested for protesting poverty wages but waiting in line for 3 weeks to get an iPhone is perfectly acceptable.

So you have someone paid $2500 to wait in line to get a phone... This is part of the reason I can't respect people who by apple products. It is not that I think they make a bad product, it is that I disagree with their business practices. Throw this obnoxious behavior in the mix and you have a recipe for some serious hate. You don't see these lines with android products, you don't see it with windows products. You see some of it with consoles, but it's usually no more than a day(Although I think even that is retarded)

I'm at a loss for words for what the Apple sheep will do for their products. It's like a drug to them, hell the OS is the same across devices and that is the part that you really interact with.

People are being arrested for protesting poverty wages but waiting in line for 3 weeks to get an iPhone is perfectly acceptable.
... What? Actually never mind, I don't think I'll ever understand that comment xD

You know you are doing something right when people pay to line up for days for your product lol.

I want to know how someone so stupid has $2500 to throw around??!?!? :S

Day one of release, guy walks into office rejoicing. Woohoo, the iPhone 6, bet you wish you had one.

Day two of release, guy walks into the office rejoicing. Woohoo, I got my iPhone 6 $2000 cheaper than you, bet you wish you had waited.
It won't mean anything because that ***** who spent $2500 to get in line probably doesn't care about the price. He would probably eat **** and sacrifice his children in order to get some stupid phone. These people are real Apple fanboys and they are the people we are always making fun of...Did I say people? I meant retarded *****s.

Great news; waiting for the launch of iCrap 6. Another "big event" in the life of a complete nothing!!! And then they ask me why I'm so pessimistic about the world and how it goes. Just look at these miserable faces waiting outside Apple's crapshop in NY and tell me if they have some kind of hope...Not even one...

Wow...so much hate today!

That person/persons who paid $2,500 for the spot in line, paid that because they have the means to do so. I wish I could do the same thing - pay someone to sit in line for me and then arrive on the opening day and get the phone; but alas, I don't like apple products :p

1) It's not apple's fault that some of their customers are so retarded as to do stuff like this.
2) If you've got the money to spend doing things like paying for a space in a queue, why not?
3) Who is anyone to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't spend their money on?
4) If you don't like apple products - don't buy them. But don't think you're being less of a "sheep" if you're just blindly railing against the company and their "iSheep" fans.

That all said: Personally, I don't like their products or brand. Had one iPod years ago and it broke after a few months. Heard the same from friends, so decided not to buy their stuff anymore. Yay for freedom of choice.

<a href="http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/A+fool+and+his+money+are+soon+parted">A fool and his money are soon parted</a>

They're making big bucks?..... so This is more Apple Propaganda? to make ppl believe that thier phone is something that the world never see b4? apple know that the are in treouble with the new Samsung,LG, Lumia and HTC.

Okay , we all know the hype around this phone is the name (apple). Because the apple phones doesn't do much more than a andriod phone or any other touch screen phone. Just the name , thats all. I'm not gonna lie , if I had the money to buy the phone , I would too. Just to say I have it. But I thought the whole purpose to buy a smartphone or to upgrade was the features.

I think most of you people railing against iSheep either didn't read the article or didn't understand. Then on top of that you are grouping in a incredibly small number (pure number, not even percentage) of people that have a lot of money.

The people in line are professional line sitters, the people mentioned in this article are promoting an app. That is what most of these people are in line doing.

To be fair though, the author didn't help any by starting off with
Call it dedication, loyalty or just outright insanity but some people are already lining up outside of Apple's flagship store in New York City in order to be among the first to get their mitts on a smartphone that hasn't even...
When it turns out the rest of the article completely goes against that. It isn't dedication, loyalty or insanity because these people in line aren't the ones that are going to be getting the phone - they are out there because the press gives them publicity for doing so and they have a product they are trying to sell.

All of this just a fad! Quick spotlight to change your mood to be first in line to get something brand spanking new! After that wow effect is over and a few weeks everyone gets one then the fad is no more! Until the next model comes out the fad starts up the process again.

I need one of you guys to stand in line for me to get a pair of EVGA GTX 980 please. I'll offer 2500¢ reward if you get me two of them on day one.

You know you are doing something right when people pay to line up for days for your product lol.

People have money they want to spend before they die. I'm jealous.

Man, so do I, I could use some easy money.

Hmmm.... to be a sheep, or a shepherd? That is the question.

I'm trying to figure out who has the most retarded ideology:
- ISIS
- Justin Beber Fans
- Apple Fanbois

They all rank pretty equally.

no, they don't and you must have your head stuck up somewhere....
Define:facetious
Define:literalism

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's an old thread, by quoting Russia Today doesn't actually adds credibility to any media outlet, including technology portal.

Back