Performance improvement from GTX 295 over HD 4870 X2 is very little to none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage_3K_Moiz

Apparently the GTX 295 has no performance advantage over the HD 4870X2 in the majority of cases. That's in addition to the $100 price gap between the HD 4870X2 and the GTX 295 (including the MIR).

Read HardOCP's review of the BFG GTX 295 here.

GTX 265?
but GTX 280 came out like 2-3 weeks ago lol
but still, i think take more time and really boost up performance than every month a new card that has performance by a bit improved :/

very interesting...and disappointing. I like it when Nvidia keeps the heat on ATI we all benefit obviously. I did find it interesting though that in the review I read earlier today, they came to the conclusion that the GTX 295 was the clear winner......and then admitted that 4 of the six games used in the test's were "mandated" by Nvidia. I have tried with great intrest to follow this story as best I can and
with AMD's aquisition of ATI being even more important for revenue as they recover from bad leadership (IMO) since just after they were on top with the advent of the hyper-transport architecture. I have a sneaking suspicion that they have a suprise in store maybe the 4890 880 core, tri or quad for $500.00? It sure seems though, from what I have found to read on the subject that the technology just isnt there to match the intention or expectations with Cross fire or SLI, and the single card solution is going to be the real performance champ for a while. what do ya all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back