Persistent Spyware Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZy18gurl

My laptop seems to be infected with a spyware that just won't go away.

It's called Bash free.exe. My Anti Spyware (I use ZoneAlarm Pro) doesn't seem to pick it up during scans but I was able to block it and then delete it manually.

But for some reason, it keeps coming back.

It causes constant interference whenever I'm using the internet and pop ups that advertise some Rapid Anti Virus.

I can't seem to find much about this spyware. Can anyone help me to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

Yo kimsland =]

Ok so I gave that guide a go, step 1 didn't seem to help much. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and downloaded AVG. It was able to get rid of the bash free.exe file, but it didn't put a stop to the interference or pop ups no matter how many times I scanned my laptop. So I switched to Avira and thankfully, it fixed everything. Ran the CCleaner as well.

Avira seems to take care of viruses, spyware and malware, so I wouldn't really need to download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or the SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version?

Well your choice

If it's gone its gone. But you may have other issues
I would suggest that you at least run Malwarebytes (I really like that one) then at the end "View Results" and fix everything found (ie it doesn't repair\remove during the scan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back