Photos, pricing for Google's second gen Nexus 7 tablet hit the web

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Google’s refresh of the popular Nexus 7 tablet was expected at this year’s I/O conference but apparently it suffered a bit of stage fright. It’s reportedly still on track to make a debut before the end of the month but in the meantime, we have some leaked images and pricing information to hold our attention.

The images embedded below show a device that could certainly pass as the next coming of the Nexus 7. Odds are, you noticed the specifications sticker attached to the rear of the slate. It’s difficult to make out exactly what it says due to the poor quality of the images but it looks like there are two speakers (upper and lower), a front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera and a 5-megapixel rear camera.

nexus google asus tablet nexus 7

The camera specifications are in line with that we heard earlier this month from an Asus customer support rep so that’s at least a good sign.

In related news, we now have a better idea of how much the next Nexus 7 will retail for. According to a leaked inventory screenshot, the 16GB model will start at $229 while the higher capacity 32GB unit will command $269. All models in the screenshot are listed as having a quad-core processor so unfortunately, there are no other hints there.

I probably shouldn’t have to remind you at this point to take these images with a healthy dose of salt. That said, however, everything lines up with what we’ve been hearing thus far so take that however you wish.

Permalink to story.

Yeah. I had the Asus Nexus 7 which I quite liked. My grand daughter liked it even more so now she's the owner of it. I hope she doesn't try con me into buying the rev. 2.

Back