Physical copies of Cyberpunk 2077 have leaked into the wild

Polycount

Staff
Gaming leaks: Spoiler-conscious gamers might wish to stay off social media for the next couple of weeks -- at least, if they're interested in Cyberpunk 2077. A little over two weeks ahead of the game's official launch on December 10, physical copies have made their way into the wild, with leaked gameplay following hot on their heels.

Since Cyberpunk 2077's release is so close, warehouses and gaming shops have already begun to receive physical copies of the game so retailers can prepare for shipment and sale. However, there's always a risk that one clever -- or bold -- worker will try to sneak one of these copies home for themselves, and it seems that's precisely what's happened sometime over the weekend.

Two gamers somehow got their hands on a PS4 copy of Cyberpunk 2077, and they decided to stream it live. The stream lasted for about 20 minutes and showcased the very beginning of the game, but we'd hesitate to call what was shown "gameplay." The individuals playing seemed to be on some kind of drugs, lacking the ability to speak coherently or drive more than a few in-game yards before crashing into a wall.

They also fumbled with the character creator and tried to talk to a couple NPCs during the early stages of the "Nomad" lifepath, which seemed to be a struggle for them. As many others have said, the duo spent about 20 minutes playing through 5 minutes of content.

In other words, if you haven't seen the leaked gameplay yet, you aren't missing much. The game does look beautiful, even on base consoles, and the performance (at least in early portions of the game) seems solid, but this is all information we could've gleaned from official information and clips CD Projekt Red has shared -- no need to scour the internet for a shoddy leak.

With all of that said, while this clip is the most popular one I've seen circulating around the internet, it is not the only leaked Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay that's out in the wild. There are other videos out there (which CDPR is taking down as quickly as they pop up), and if that continues, it probably won't be long before major story spoilers begin hitting the web. So, if you care about experiencing the game blind, stay vigilant until December 10.

Permalink to story.

I'm surprised they managed to get any gameplay at all. I haven't owned a console since the N64 but don't all of them now call the mothership for updates and authorization first?

Wonder how long until it hits torrent websites...
If it's just console versions that have made it into the hands of gamers then maybe that wont be so bad, I'm not sure whether u can even play torrented console games these days, it's been years since I owned any console at all.

If it's just console versions that have made it into the hands of gamers then maybe that wont be so bad, I'm not sure whether u can even play torrented console games these days, it's been years since I owned any console at all.
You can - assuming your console is jailbroken... people may claim otherwise, but piracy is by far the #1 reason to jailbreak anything

Out of interest I looked for the official "gameplay" video. It's almost entirely cut-scenes plus some game menus etc. No wonder there's an audience for the real thing.

Last edited:
They were streaming weren't they? Surely they were connected to the net.
Not exactly, if you are using a pc with a capture card the PC might be online but you can have the PS or XBox offline. It's smart if you know how to use it as it can keep your identity secret but people are rarely if ever that smart.

You can - assuming your console is jailbroken... people may claim otherwise, but piracy is by far the #1 reason to jailbreak anything
It's a bit early for that, they just released it usually takes a bit for them to dissect the code and crack the encryptions before this can even be thought about.

It's a bit early for that, they just released it usually takes a bit for them to dissect the code and crack the encryptions before this can even be thought about.
What are you talking about? PS4 has been jailbroken for awhile now... While PC games often have encryption, console games don’t as they rely on the console’s encryption... releasing a ps4 game onto the warez scene generally takes a few hours maximum...

What are you talking about? PS4 has been jailbroken for awhile now... While PC games often have encryption, console games don’t as they rely on the console’s encryption... releasing a ps4 game onto the warez scene generally takes a few hours maximum...
He’s talking about the encryptions on the games code?
This doesn’t even have the day one patch included I would think so it would be a shitty pirate version of the game if anything. They have been working on the game since October when they started manufacturing the discs.

He’s talking about the encryptions on the games code?
This doesn’t even have the day one patch included I would think so it would be a shitty pirate version of the game if anything. They have been working on the game since October when they started manufacturing the discs.
There are often "sh1tty" pirate copies - especially if it's a pre-release...

Haven't seen any online yet - so I guess it hasn't happened yet... but if the discs are "in the wild", it's inevitable.

Haven’t seen ANY ps5 dumps yet... although I’m sure they’re inevitable... I’d assume PS4
If it was PS5 it's probably wasn't jailbroken, ps4 copy sure, either way this is useless as it is either the lowest grade of graphical quality and it doesn't have the day 1 patches meaning its a broken experience.
Realistically though a PS* no internet with a pc online streaming would be more than capable of doing this( while maintaining anonymity) and much much easier than having a cracked console.

Back