Physical memory dump and the disappearing hard drive

Hi guys, new to posting but I felt I had to try, giving this problem is driving me up the wall and I don't have the technical expertise to work it out for myself.

I keep getting the, dun dun duuuum, ahem, blue screen 'o death, the physical memory dump. Now it does happen a lot more during gaming, but as I've just found to my frustration, not always. Just crashed while I was on msn with a friend running nothing else.

When the comp restarts I do notice in the bios that (on the first screen) my two hard drives sometimes don't show up. If that happens I have to go into the setup and reassert the Master over the Slave as the first drive. If I don't the bios can go to the next screen and stop dead with a "disk error, do not pass go, do not collect £200" and I have to restart Now, like I say, I figure that might be something to do with it, but I'm just not that hot on computers.

If there's more information I can provide to help let me know where to find it and I'll grab it, I'd really reeeeaally appreciate any advice, but if it were in small easy to understand non-technically advancde bits, That's be even better!

Cheers in advance!

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Back