Picture Commenting causes "Invalid Call to Script" Error

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

It's been happening since the new server was set up. Whenever I try to comment on a picture in gallery, I receive an error that says "Invalid Call to Script".

You need to find out on that forum. ie the support staff on the "other" forum must look into this. There are too may possibilities to suggest

The problem is I am part of the support staff and we are getting desperate to fix this. Members are irritated and tend to not come back :(

Googling for the error gave very few results, with techspot.com being the only useful one it seems. Our setup is exactly the same as here, vbulletin, photopost

We are using vBulletin 3.7.4, the Latest Version is: 3.8.1 (although no online manual as yet for this version)
What version are you using ?

We have 3.7.2.

I think we found the issue though. The invalid call to script is only a symptom of photpost failing to work with the vbulletin cookie. So we are trying to fix the domain cookies, and although everything looks alright, something is still broken. And mostly only in IE6

IE6 users get logged out when trying to vew a member gallery, and then when they log back in, it gives invalid call to script errors :S

Definitely a Julio or Per (staff members) technical expertise area
You may receive a reply if they read this thread. Keep us informed. I'm pretty sure we had the same IE6 error though, which was fixed somehow :confused:

You don't need to PM him, as he is subscribed to this thread, therefore he will get a new reply email.

I note that you tried to PM him, before posting a reply here. Yes that failed, as not allowed

That was a rather long time ago, so I'm trying to remember what we did to fix this.

If you looked into Photopost's own forums and couldn't find an answer, I will go with the few things that come to mind considering the problem surfaced when we moved servers:

* Check PP's Folder permissions
* Upgrade both vB and PP to its latest versions
* Import a PP DB backup

Back