Pimpin my PC for Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of plan, now building from scratch.

Case: ????
Processor: ????
Motherboard: ????
Memory: ????
Videocard: ????
Sound: ????
HD: ????
PSU: ????

Budget: (£300+ to start with (€342, $477) conversions are approx) for a new Case, RAM, Mobo & PSU.

So the plan has changed to a complete build from scratch.

Firstly I need a case, anyone know where I can get a custom friendly case for a decent price?

Thanks in advance if you decide to help and thanks again for taking the time to read this post.

Best regards Snake.

Sorry didn't see your post. I'm surprised no one replied there are usually very knowledge individuals in this area that help a lot.

I would agree with you in that upgrading your RAM and GPU is the best thing to do. What kind of PSU do you have? I'd guess that you'd have to upgrade that as well especially if its a stock one and you want a better GPU. I have not played Empire TW which I'm assuming these upgrades are for, I have however played and still do play Rome TW and while more RAM and a better GPU help lots the game is also very CPU intensive. Especially in the bigger battles (lotta little guys doing lotta little things).

I would agree with you in that upgrading your RAM
I would, as long as your motherboard will support newer DDR2 RAM, and you have $20 to spare, modern RAM is quite cheep, and 512 is minuscule, though the graphics card will give you more benefit.

I need to know what memory I can add, what graphics & sound cards to buy????
Definatly the graphics card and supporting power supply if you need one, secondly, the CPU would have to go, though that would mean upgrading your motherboard too, your system is quite old.

What was your budget? And whats the conversion for euros and dollars :)?

Thanks for replying. :D

I would like to be able to play Empire, but for now I'm still engrossed in Rome and Medieval II. Hey maybe we can have a match Relic, My RTW ID is Dominus.

After taking your comments and reading up a little I have decided on upgrading the Motherboard, Proccessor & the PSU which is a ATX-300GTF 300w.

Budget is: (£300 - €342- $477) conversions are approx, for the RAM, Mobo, Proccessor & PSU.

Extra funds will be available later on.

It's looking like a complete overhaul after all.

So I now need to know what PSU & motherboard to get for my Scaleo T case?

As for a processor, what would be most future proof? Dual or Quad?

Thanks again for helping out. ;)

Edit: On further advice from a friend, I will be starting from scratch...

So a new case is in order, anyone know where I can get a decent case with a high degree of customizing potential?

As for a processor, what would be most future proof? Dual or Quad?
Ehh...I'm thinking AMD Phenom II 720 triple core with an AM3 socket motherboard, that should keep you compatible with extra upgrade options far down the road. The triple core is a great balance between price and performance.

Edit: On further advice from a friend, I will be starting from scratch..
So a new case is in order, anyone know where I can get a decent case with a high degree of customizing potential?
That makes things a little easier than upgrading a dying system, I would look on newegg.com if they ship to your area.

£300 - €342- $477
That is about $420 - $666 USD yes?

All items from newegg and prices in USD:
GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $109.

AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Black Processor Model HDZ720WFGIBOX - Retail $140.
Or
AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Processor Model HDX710WFGIBOX - Retail $120.

OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2G10664GK - Retail
$47.

How much harddrive space? Does your budget include an OS, mice, keyboard, or monitor?

I would like to be able to play Empire, but for now I'm still engrossed in Rome and Medieval II. Hey maybe we can have a match Relic, My RTW ID is Dominus.

Cool deal, I play only mods nowadays Rome Surrectum that is and on occasion. I find it a lot more in depth then normal RTW and it does have a lot more history in it. I still have to get myself Empire as well but it does look quite fun.

Edit: On further advice from a friend, I will be starting from scratch...

That seems like the best way to go as Kitty pointed out you do have an older system. On where to get a good case I'm not sure for you in the UK. Googling around I found a few places in the UK like Xcase, you probably want to ask your friend thou for some good places to get PC items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back