Playing games problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
i have a problem. Every time I launch any game on my computer i hear the sound but my screen is black. i downloaded the latest directX, and the latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 with 896 MB. my screen is BenQ 22 inches and my resolution is 1920 by 1080. please help as soon as possible. I am not an expert with the computers so please explain how to do if you know the answer.
thank you in advance.

Did you have any video card before the GTX 260? If so, did you uninstall all previous video drivers before installing the new ones?

Also, what PSU do you have?

Did you have any video card before the GTX 260? If so, did you uninstall all previous video drivers before installing the new ones?

Also, what PSU do you have?

i had a graphic card before GTX 260 however the expert changed it so i believe he uninstalled all the useless video drivers. If he didn't, how can i check that?

just download a little program called driver sweeper and pick the nvidia drivers and then reinstall your new drivers.

hang on, has the GTX260 ever worked in the computer? if not then i'm sure it's the PSU as stated above. it may work with the current PSU in 2D but when you go to launch any 3D application it's likely to crash if underpowered.

knowing the specs on the power supply still stands as the most important info here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back