Please help! atkimap.sys BSOD's

lf036447

Experiencing BSOD's At random. Mainly when playing games. I have done clean installs on all drivers. At first I thought it was bad ati drivers. I have updated and rolledback to drivers from over a year ago.

Whocrashed does not suggest hardware problems but cannot tell me which driver is the problem. I am hoping someone here may know.

Please find attached 2 minidumps and my DXdiag file. Sorry for the .zip file. They were 269kb each :(

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    57.1 KB · Views: 1
Thank you Tmagic for replying.

Speccs

Asus M4aA87TD EVO
AMD Phenom II black edition 3.2ghz
Corsair vengence 1600mhz x 6 gig
Corsair TX650 with 52amps on a 12v rail
Radeon HD 5770 1 gig ram 4800mhz

No overclocking. I gave 2 mini dumps as those are the ones im experiencing. I have added 2 more mini dumps.

I have already done a full windows memtest which showed zero errors. I have also scanned all of my hard disks for errors and found none. I have done anti virus scans and checked for malware.

Attachments

• mini dumps2.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 1
The minidumps only point to general instability now. No mention of ATI drivers any more. You have done the hardware tests, now it may be time to "play" with the bios settings a bit. Try raising the Memory Voltage a notch or two. The new minidumps:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Ntoskrnl.exe

Are the BSOD's still seen only when playing games? Have you checked the PC for over-heating?

I have monitored the temp with asus AI suite. cpu never goes above 50. Here is what whocrashed gives me.

On Tue 28/02/2012 23:28:33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022812-22027-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: atikmpag.sys (atikmpag+0x8DFD)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF88006D75DFD, 0xFFFFF8800B773BA0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys
product: AMD driver
company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
description: AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.).

On Tue 28/02/2012 22:37:18 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\022812-18564-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0x20594C)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF9600028594C, 0xFFFFF8800B36BC10, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Now, I have updated, removed my USB drivers which no joy so i am unsure what it is refering too. Bios setting wise i have had to put the voltage up to get the 1600mhz. The RAM wants 1.8v.

I have also flashed and updated the bios also with no joy. I will do something like update drivers or run a scan and it will appear to be fixed for a day or so. then it will happen again.

The frequency of it is odd. Yes only 3d games so far. SWTOR and need for speed shift 2. Not happened while I have been watching programs via VLC player or while surfing the net.

Well i have upgradede to whocrashed pro. The driver that is showing 90% of the time is ATIKMPAG.sys which it claims is from a AMD mini port driver. Any ideas what device that is specifically?

I would like to try removing that driver and see what happens. I dont mind loosing some USB's. I cannot see it being the GFX Card. Its under a year old and a good price was paid.

This is my first mobo using the AMD chipset. I have tried to limit how much of them i have had to install. the same with the ati drivers.

Right!

I have gone through the device manager and found the driver is being used by the gfx card. Also found some posts matching mine but different gfx card models.they were all solved with driver changes. But i am already on the most up to date. so where do i turn? :p

Back