Please Help Me Need To Complete Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristo

A Question: I have service pack three installed via a slipstream disk which i borrowed and i can't uninstall via add or remove programs becuase it's not there how do i remove it withcout losing all my settings? I dont' want to wipe the whole thing again because i didn't configure the wireless settings and i don't want to reintall all my games and software.

My sound is playing up every now and then and it isn' the Motherboard because if it was my windows Vista would play up too. Apparently AMD hav problems with service pack 3 but i dont kno. Also i get error messages most the time wen i shutdown things like
explorer.exe: failed to write
connections tray.exe
dwd20.exe

something like that but neways i scanned the computer and it found nuthin all in safemode i scanned registry,running processes, all drives, windows folder

What do i do?

PLEASE HELP!

Most of the problems with SP3 and AMD come up when you also have Symantec software installed.
This is where those slipstream installs show their problems... when you want to fix somethingl.

You dont have many options short of re-installation, or repair installation, although that would not lose existing data, it might lose settings. Alternative is...

Do you still have a systems restore point taken before you installed SP3? Click on help and support, undo changes to your computer, restore my computer to an earlier time, and look at the dates available.

You have had an educational experience. You have now learned take an image of your system before a major change. Take a system restore manually before any change. Describe why you are taking a restore point in the place available when asked. Buy some system imaging software, Acronis TrueImage and Norton Ghost are both good systems. Money spent on imaging is the best form of computer insurance, and likely to be needed far more often.

Nah, i said it was installed via slipstream the whole OS and I built this computer only like a month ago all i want 2 kno is how to save my wireless settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back