Neil Young comes back to Spotify, two years after Joe Rogan "vaccine disinformation" row

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? More than two years after pulling his music from Spotify over Joe Rogan's vaccine "disinformation," Neil Young says he will be returning to the number one "streamer of low res music in the world." The only reason the legendary singer changed his mind is because other music services are also now hosting Rogan's podcasts.

Back in January 2022, Young wrote an open letter demanding that his music be removed from Spotify over his objection to Joe Rogan "spreading fake information about vaccines - potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them."

Around 270 doctors, scientists, and healthcare professionals signed a different open letter that same month requesting Spotify take action against Rogan. It cited a JRE episode in which Rogan hosted Robert Malone, a virologist who was involved in the early development of mRNA vaccine technology. He was suspended from Twitter for spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories about Covid-19.

It looked as if Young would never return to Spotify. However, Rogan signed a $250 million deal last month that allows his podcast to be made available on other platforms, instead of keeping it exclusive to the Swedish music giant.

"Other music services [including] Apple, Amazon, Qobuz, Tidal... have started serving the same disinformation podcast I had opposed at Spotify," Young wrote on his website.

The singer said that he cannot remove his music from all the services as it would leave fans without a way to stream his tracks. As such, he has begrudgingly decided to return to Spotify.

Young has long derided the "shi**y" quality of Spotify's music streaming. He had removed most of his back catalog from the service before writing his first open letter as he believed the audio quality was too low, but he later reversed his decision as "That's where people get music."

Young writes in his latest post that he hopes Spotify's sound quality will improve. He notes that other services such as Qobuz and Tidal that also feature his music offer high-res lossless audio.

"Hopefully Spotify will return to Hi Res as the answer and serve all the music to everyone. Spotify, you can do it!" Young said.

It's estimated that Young has lost around $300,000 in earnings by pulling his music from Spotify. At the time of writing, his full back catalog has not yet returned to the service.

Permalink to story.

How pompous can ya get? Don't look at my art because I don't like where it's hung. Ya Know I liked Neil Young and still think he has done some great stuff but overall his catalog is sub par. He has put out more than a few dog albums and maybe considerably over rated. These days his music isn't in my rotation. It's all taste though. Now if ya wanna talk over rated how bout Grace Slick and the Airplane?

Last edited:
At the end of the day, virtue signaling doesn’t pay the bills. When times get tough, all that moral grandstanding dries up, because at the end of the day, it’s about money, not something you believe in, and the vapid moralizing shriekers will always crawl back.

Good on Spotify for not bending to public pressure to support “THE MESSAGE”.
He should apologise now that's been shown the vaccines have proven side effects in many people, some of which cause serious health problems or even death.
they’ll never apologize, or ever admit they were wrong, or learn from the past. We’re stuck on an infinite treadmill of discovering what we already knew.

He should apologise now that's been shown the vaccines have proven side effects in many people, some of which cause serious health problems or even death.
Sigh. More died from COVID. Including tons of people who refused to take the vaccine. Survival rate was MUCH higher for people who took the vaccine. Most did not even get sick when exposed later as well.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57958358

Nuff said.

Do you also believe the earth is flat?

Last edited:
You are clueless. More died from COVID. Including tons of people who refused to take the vaccine.

Nuff said.

Why die on the vaccination hill?

Knowing what we know now, the vaccines should have been targeted in their administration. People with complicating factors, such as old age, obesity, respiratory issues, etc., should have been the ones targeted for vaccination. Covid could be very serious for those people and the vaccines were effective in preventing death and hospitalization. Vaccinating young, healthy people was not the best plan of action.

The problem is that everyone was told that the vaccine stopped transmission (it didn't) and had no serious side effects. If that was true, then broad scale vaccination would have been correct.

The refusal to acknowledge shortcomings has led to mistrust and conspiracy mongering.

Knowing what we know now, the vaccines should have been targeted in their administration. People with complicating factors, such as old age, obesity, respiratory issues, etc., should have been the ones targeted for vaccination. Covid could be very serious for those people and the vaccines were effective in preventing death and hospitalization. Vaccinating young, healthy people was not the best plan of action.

The problem is that everyone was told that the vaccine stopped transmission (it didn't) and had no serious side effects. If that was true, then broad scale vaccination would have been correct.

The refusal to acknowledge shortcomings has led to mistrust and conspiracy mongering.
The anti vaxxors would probably have loved a vacine if they knew better, now they are gone tho.

Sigh. More died from COVID. Including tons of people who refused to take the vaccine. Survival rate was MUCH higher for people who took the vaccine. Most did not even get sick when exposed later as well.

Nuff said.

look what I found who the sponsors of BBC
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Don't you love content that say Sponsored by rhymes with Liezer. Funny how in the past the flat earthers asked are you a round earther? The irony is real.

Because that would require them to admit they were maybe wrong about something. And that, my friend, is horrible! Worse then murder!
The anti vaxxors would probably have loved a vacine if they knew better, now they are gone tho.
Most of them were just fine. 99.99% of those who got sick either had no symptoms or symptoms were mild. The common denominator in those who got very sick was a deficiency of vitamin D (something like 95% of those with serious responses to Red Lung were extremely deficient), along with obesity, heart disease, and immunocompromising conditions. You know, like any cold.

The vaccine was as effective as lockdowns. You know, the ones Sweden never did and was just fine despite the coof heard round the world, the same country whose results were censored by Harvard because they didnt line up with the narrative.

Nuff said.

Well when you include people who died of other causes within a month of being tested COVID positive (tests often show false positives as well), that shouldn't be surprising.

Are you kidding me? Conspiracy theorists/anti-vaxxers still beating the drum after an estimated 7 MILLION people died worldwide from COVID? And the people who died from the vaccine amounted to .00164 percent of those who died from the virus. I was a first responder during the COVID outbreak and witnessed it first-hand.

Why don't you go back to your conspiracy theory/flat-earth/man didn't land on the moon/anti-vaxxer cave where you belong.

How pompous can ya get?
I don't know, you tell me? Every comment I see from you is just defending people like Joe Rogan, Elon Musk, and Donald Trump. People like you never heard a conspiracy theory they didn't like. You believe in free speech, but only as long as it agrees with your own twisted reality.

Nuff said.

The survival rate was much higher for people who took the vaccinne....because...most of them didn't need it. So, yeah. No argument from me on your statement. Thank God, they survived the vaccine.

Are you kidding me? Conspiracy theorists/anti-vaxxers still beating the drum after an estimated 7 MILLION people died worldwide from COVID? And the people who died from the vaccine amounted to .00164 percent of those who died from the virus. I was a first responder during the COVID outbreak and witnessed it first-hand.

Why don't you go back to your conspiracy theory/flat-earth/man didn't land on the moon/anti-vaxxer cave where you belong.
Because having even more die from dodgy vaccine makes everything better ...

How pompous can ya get? Don't look at my art because I don't like where it's hung. Ya Know I liked Neil Young and still think he has done some great stuff but overall his catalog is sub par. He has put out more than a few dog albums and maybe considerably over rated. These days his music isn't in my rotation. It's all taste though. Now if ya wanna talk over rated how bout Grace Slick and the Airplane?
In the 80's, the "Starship" days, they played a baseball stadium a mile from my parent's house. We could hear Grace Slick pretty darned clearly from the front yard. Whether you like the music or not, that's a hell of a voice.

Because having even more die from dodgy vaccine makes everything better ...

Oh, that's brilliant. So let's have 17 million people die instead of 7 million because according to you, it's a "dodgy" vaccine and no one should take it. Stay in your conspiracy theory cave - you'll be much happier.

Oh, that's brilliant. So let's have 17 million people die instead of 7 million because according to you, it's a "dodgy" vaccine and no one should take it. Stay in your conspiracy theory cave - you'll be much happier.
If you think vaccines aren't all about the money you're the one living in a cave. Maybe taper down your Netflix binge watching and listen to more than 1 point of view on the matter?

If you think vaccines aren't all about the money you're the one living in a cave. Maybe taper down your Netflix binge watching and listen to more than 1 point of view on the matter?

Did you not get the part that I was a first responder during the COVID? How many opinions do you think I was subjected to? Dozens? Maybe hundreds? You want to be a danger to yourself, have at it. No one cares except that you could have taken up valuable medical resources from people who were trying to do the right thing while you're busy being a conspiracy theorist. But to imply that it was nothing more than "all about the money" while 7 million people died worldwide shows some serious - even criminal - lack of social responsibility.

I don't know, you tell me? Every comment I see from you is just defending people like Joe Rogan, Elon Musk, and Donald Trump. People like you never heard a conspiracy theory they didn't like. You believe in free speech, but only as long as it agrees with your own twisted reality.
You are suspect because I have never listened to nor defended Joe Rogan. I like Musk he has accomplished so much and Trump has as well. I don't know about conspiracy theories and my reality is no more twisted than yours. You are much angrier than me though.

Hmmm... If the rest of the world was like USA, you can bet those COVID numbers are most definitely skewed. The hospitals falsified reports so they could get paid more. If you have COVID present but died from obviously not COVID, they reported it as a COVID death.

Why can people not wake up to the obviously corruption is beyond belief. Your head will forever be stuck in the sand.

May well be 17+ after we learn all the possible side effects of the vaccine.

The true believers are out in force. Ostensibly intelligent people trying desperately to suppose that "vaccine side effects" were 10K times worse than reported and the benefits 10K times less.

Why? For many it's because their cult leader effed up the Covid response so badly that he aka they are forced to insist that it really wasn't so lethal! Ergo, masks were uncalled for; and vaccines just a money-grab. Which has made routine the knee-jerk vilification of folks who were actually saving lives; as well as of every source reporting the enormous lists of dead.

The previously undreamt-of political events and discourse since Nov 2020 has convinced me that there is nothing the alt-right can't make themselves believe. Nothing. Gigantic conspiracies continually hatch full-fledged and unchallenged in their brains, eating what's left after the party lobotomy. Conspiracies in which everyone must have been paid off forever; none are ever found or come forward; no evidence exists; nothing makes common sense; and all allegations turn out to be lies. Doesn't matter! Next!

Another group - now at a peak of favor with the former - are the useful idjeets who pride themselves on never believing the most credible evidence, from real people with real credentials signing real legal documents; but instead on being fearless iconoclasts who see behind the mainstream curtain... to the now endemic basement blogger factory fictions.

Who led this nation-wide destruction of truth, and denial of science and all our traditional cornerstones? Who lied so prominently, pathologically, and for so long that - as he planned - even the fact-checkers finally broke down? No secret. And what adversary state has entire departments training parallel streams of disinformation into those same flames? Also not a secret.

Vote ! Wisely ! In what may be your last chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back