Inactive Popup virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking up some info on an innocent looking website trying to get pictures for a powerpoint presentation and my screen suddenly popped up.

http://1cnetantispy.com/a72dab2431/?upumy=yUDM&uqud=MTczLjIzLjE=MTk2OTQu&edape=ramtauxitr

it looks like my "my computer" put the C drive, my documents, shared docs, and everything else are flashing "4 viruses found" "5 viruses found"

The top of the screen says AV Center-Internet Explorer provided by Dell.

Is this an advertisement or a real serious issue?? I am running Spybot, and it is 1/2 done and hasn't found anything yet.

Thanks in advance for the help.

I have not closed the window yet either...mcafee is currently running and has not found anything yet either. Thanks in advance for the help.

Have you considered that some of us might be sleeping when you posted? bumping a thread because you are impatient doesn't go over very big.

For your information, the site URL isn't valid and a search for any part of the URL brings up only 2 questionable sites.

IF you want us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in our Virus and Malware Removal Thread HERE.

When finished, leave the logs for our review.

Please practice patience. This is a very busy forum.

niewold, I will be closing this thread if you do not reply by the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back