Possible harddrive corruption?

ASUS G60VX Windows 7

Sorry if I'm not posting correctly but I am the most desperate I've ever been.

Current problems:
1. Windows 7 Recovery Disc using ASUS Preload Wizard attempts to partition suffers error 1117: "ERROR: C:\ASUS.SM. [_wim_create_file:(seq. 10) -> Fail to read WIM header] [err= 1117]
2. Attempts to boot normally gives: "Missing operating system" on a black screen.
3. There is no way to access command prompt.

The Story:
After a windows update, my normal desktop began to freeze and I had to force shutdown my laptop by holding the power button. After I started the laptop up, Windows could not boot normally. Trying to boot with safe mode, the driver loading messages froze at CLASSPNP.sys. After using the BIOS to change the IDE to "Compatibility" mode, the continuous loop of the Start-up Repair Utility plagued my system in every single boot option (spamming F8) with no repair in sight. So I decided to use the ASUS Win7 recovery CD to return my laptop to manufactured condition. This also failed giving me either the error 1117 message or the "cannot set temp path to work in." Now my OS is gone since the recovery failed with the "Missing operating system" on a black screen.

I've changed the boot device priority to CD/DVD in order to access the Recovery CD that gives me the 1117 error.

All I want to do is return my laptop to manufactured condition and get out of this chaotic loop.

No recovery options built into this laptop? A factory recovery option should be built-in accessed by pressing an F something key at the start of booting

No recovery options built into this laptop? A factory recovery option should be built-in accessed by pressing an F something key at the start of booting
The factory recovery option on the laptop is the same as the Recovery CD that came with it. Both give the error 1117 message when trying to reset.

Back