Posting pictures in threads

abe10tiger

How come whenever I try putting pictures in a thread, nothing appears but a small mini picture that's kinda "cracked." Here's an example, I'm going to try and put a picture here:

imglanding

See, a mini picture that's cracked or something. Am I doing something wrong?

I press the Insert Image button and enter the URL of the image and there! Still doesn't work... Am I really doing something wrong? Thanks. :)

logo-rss.png

hey! what do you know! It worked! I don't know why i can't post other pics.. I'll try others.. Thanks for your reply! :)

Here's another one:
dead_space_screen1.jpg

and another! It works! :)
Dead-Space-2-PC.jpg

YES! Thanks for the help! Now I can put pictures! Thanks once again! :)
thanks_animated.gif

But I still have another question - How do I post pictures from Facebook? I get the URL of the picture but the same thing happens! Here's an example of a picture I got from facebook

photo.php

The reason that won't work is because you are not embedding a real picture but a reference to a picture that shows up on your browser via JavaScript or some other language used by Facebook. Picture URLs are locations usually ending with .jpg, .gif, etc.

I don't think you can embed pictures hosted in Facebook, I believe they block that functionality.

Abe10tiger: You by chance wouldn't happen to have a larger copy of that image you were showing above do you? I would kind of like to have that second image, the one with the guy in the combat suite on one knee, while holding his head! If I could get that larger, I mean big, it would make for a kick butt wallpaper!

Or if you rather just point me in its direction, via a link, that would be fine to!

Holy poo poo thanks a whole bunch there Matthew, I grabbed the one right for my screen size! I don't know, but I'm thinking of a Windows customization based off this wallpaper. Do a little Window Blinds action, some Rainmeter and maybe throw in a second dock, who knows! I will post the end results after the customization is done!

Thanks again! :)

Thanks!

I don't think you can embed pictures hosted in Facebook, I believe they block that functionality.
aw...... That's too bad... well... thanks anyway!

Abe10tiger: You by chance wouldn't happen to have a larger copy of that image you were showing above do you? I would kind of like to have that second image, the one with the guy in the combat suite on one knee, while holding his head! If I could get that larger, I mean big, it would make for a kick butt wallpaper!

Or if you rather just point me in its direction, via a link, that would be fine to!

Isn't it cool? Those pictures are from Dead Space. I have one as a wallpaper right now. :)

ow boy! I could use those pictures too! Thanks!

Would it be possible to post pictures that came directly from my computer and not from any other website?

You sure can. :)

The image size needs to be a maximum of 1920x1200 pixels, and no bigger than 2MB in size, and can be uploaded by doing the following:

Click "Picture Gallery" at top of the page, 2nd row down, 2nd from left, or click here.
Click "Upload Photos" at top right of the page, or click here.

Fill in the details on that page, and select the picture from your computer, then click upload to upload the picture.

Once complete, navigate to your newly added picture, and then right click the mouse button, and select "Copy image URL" or words to that effect.

Its then a simple case of adding the image using img tags to whatever thread you wish to add them to.

For example:

I uploaded this picture to the gallery.

The image URL copied from this image is: https://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/501/medium/100_1367.JPG

With image tags it looks like this (excuse the spaces, as were needed to break it back to code):

Code:
 [img ]https://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/501/medium/100_1367.JPG[/ img]

Which ends up looking like this:

100_1367.JPG

If one doesn't exist, and it would be handy, I'll do a picture guide when I get a few minutes.

Thanks!

You sure can. :)

The image size needs to be a maximum of 1920x1200 pixels, and no bigger than 2MB in size, and can be uploaded by doing the following:

Click "Picture Gallery" at top of the page, 2nd row down, 2nd from left, or click here.
Click "Upload Photos" at top right of the page, or click here.

Fill in the details on that page, and select the picture from your computer, then click upload to upload the picture.

Once complete, navigate to your newly added picture, and then right click the mouse button, and select "Copy image URL" or words to that effect.

Its then a simple case of adding the image using img tags to whatever thread you wish to add them to.

For example:

I uploaded this picture to the gallery.

The image URL copied from this image is: https://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/501/medium/100_1367.JPG

With image tags it looks like this (excuse the spaces, as were needed to break it back to code):

Code:
 [img ]https://www.techspot.com/gallery/data/501/medium/100_1367.JPG[/ img]

Which ends up looking like this:

100_1367.JPG

If one doesn't exist, and it would be handy, I'll do a picture guide when I get a few minutes.

Thanks for the help! Tried it right now. Thanks once again! :D

TECHSPOT.png

nice case btw. :)

Back