Power issues? Cant seem to pinpoint the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

i am pretty good with computers but i cant figure this one out for the life of me..

Today, i was just browsing the web when all of a sudden, my comp freezes.. Ok, i thought.. Reset and reboot.. No biggie.. When i pressed crt alt delete, nothing happens.. When i hold down the power button to hard reset, nothing happens.. So i unplug. Here is where i am having difficulty. When i plug the plug back in, nothing happens which is expected.. But whem i press the power button, comp does not respond. So while i was looking up stuff to see how to fix it, thecomp just starts back up but nothing loads.. I hear the fan, lights are on on the mb, hd feels like it is working...(i feel vibrations) and everything seems normal but nothing on the screen. When i press the power button to shut the comp off, the button doesnt respond. I have to unplug the comp for it to shut off..

Any of this happens to u? I have a shuttle pc.. Please help! Thank for listening

I had a similar problem in which my computer would shut down randomly (and when I ran quick par for some reason). I thought it was power, and I bought new power supply, but it persisted. I had a similar thing happen even earlier with another system. I think it was mother board in both cases.

I'd borrow/buy a new power supply and see if that fixes things, if not, could be motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back