Power Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
Just put together a new box. New case w/psu & fan I had sitting in the new unopened box for 2-3 years. Used 939 mobo, cpu, ram, all from ebay and appears gc from honest seller, used working nvid 8600gt vid, new hd waiting to have os installed.
Problem is no post beeps, think I know why. The mobo has a 4 pin plug for the cpu, right ? My psu does not, but it does have a 24 pin mobo connector and a 6 pin plug for PCI Express 16 that I am not using.
Is there an adapter I can use to go from 6 pin to 4 pin ? Does it look like I have the problem diagnosed correctly ?
Don't want to switch out the psu right away, "white box case" w/ 500watt psu with 20amp +12V rating and "prescott ready/pci express".
thanks in advance to all replies
JoeZeee (Cleveland Ohio)
former seti cruncher, currently have a small folding team

Well, without that P4 12v connector powered, you won't get a post. I don't know about the 6 pin PCI-E to P4 12v adapter but they do have 4 pin molex to P4 12v adapters. Do you have a free molex connector?

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I do have free molex connectors. Will try to pick up a 4 pin molex to P4 12v adapter tomorrow, Should be no problem since I pass near a micro center on the way home from work. After posting, was concerned the 4 pin might be 5V, thank you for the info. Am not to lazy to look it all up on the net, but little free time right now.
Thanks again
JoeZeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back