Power Station

red1776

I had quite a few folks ask me to post this when I got it assembled
Crysis_2_Crysis_Crusher_II.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4850491883_63aa0c4d21_m.jpg (TS is having a problem with uploading images right now)
Asus Crosshair IV Formula
AMD x6 1055T CPU (@ 4.17Ghz)
8 GB Corsair XMS PC 12800 1600 Mhz 4x2 GB
Coolermaster V8
2x ASUS Optical DVD/CD
4x Seagate Barracuda 500GB raid 0 (2)
PSU #1 Sigma Shark 635w
PSU#2 FSP Group Boosterx5 500w
PSU#3 FSP Group Boosterx5 500w
3 X Gigabyte HD 5850's CrossfireX
AeroCool Power Watch/card reader/fan controller
4x Logysis HDD dual 60mm HDD coolers

Building a custom full tower Acrylic case so for now
Wire management is a nightmare with 3 PSU's , 4 HDD's , 4 GPU's etc

The cold cathodes were picked by my daughter, so leave me alone!,,,,,I wanted purple :p

As OROTU, don't you think it would be a magnanimous gesture to post something other than a thumbnail.......

This way, you could brag, and we wouldn't have to complain. :rolleyes:

Purple.... bleek! Why not mix red and blue then settle for the magenta where they intersect?

Glad to see you have it up and running...and running...and running
Maybe the display problem is due to the sheer illuminosity!
Anyhow I took the liberty of uploading the view from outside of your place...
reds_house.jpg

TS photo upload isnt working on some accounts right according to Matthew. and hey...its an enthusiast site :p:wave: I will put up a full size when its working if anyone wants to see it

Glad to see you have it up and running...and running...and running
Maybe the display problem is due to the sheer illuminosity!
Anyhow I took the liberty of uploading the view from outside of your place...
reds_house.jpg

No! that's the Tesla's place....mines a block west of there.

As OROTU, don't you think it would be a magnanimous gesture to post something other than a thumbnail.......

This way, you could brag, and we wouldn't have to complain. :rolleyes:

Purple.... bleek! Why not mix red and blue then settle for the magenta where they intersect?

I told my daughter she could pick the lights, she found some pink ones, this was a compromise.

A Block Apart Huh.....

Well then, you should charge your place positive, then have him charge his place negative. Wow, then won't the neighbors be talking.

I still think DeeBeeZee's photo looks like a GE "live better electrically" ad that the Nazi War Machine got hold of somehow, (and subverted it to their own wicked ends).

"I have a fear of widths"

Well then, you should charge your place positive, then have him charge his place negative. Wow, then won't the neighbors be talking.

I still think DeeBeeZee's photo looks like a GE "live better electrically" ad that the Nazi War Machine got hold of somehow, (and subverted it to their own wicked ends).

....yes! and then somewhere between the two houses we could put instant coffee in the microwave and travel back in time. (Steven Wright)

oh yea, almost forgot. full disclosure on the x6: Because I wanted one! :p

....yes! and then somewhere between the two houses we could put instant coffee in the microwave and travel back in time. (Steven Wright)
If you don't mind me saying so, that would be stupid. I think you should send the coffee forward in time, so it would still be hot when you finally got around to drinking it.

If you don't mind me saying so, that would be stupid. I think you should send the coffee forward in time, so it would still be hot when you finally got around to drinking it.

:haha::haha:....what a fool I've been!

***BTW, I am not big on naming the machines, however when I build one for others I make an engraved name plate for them on brass,acrylic, or ss with a modified engraving machine fashioned from a Dremmel kit. Just one of those extra touches I offer that says "I care". < roll eyes

Thank your lucky stars that you don't live near me, my "neighbors" would try and steal it for the copper alone.

Out of curiousity, why are you running 3 PSU's?

Do the GPU's use that much power?!?

Out of curiousity, why are you running 3 PSU's?

Do the GPU's use that much power?!?

The 5850's use 150-200w a piece OC'ed. The FSP BoosterX5's are ultra stable, ultra low ripple, low heat. very stable for the oC'ing I do. just a build decision I made.

Hey Greg! Just saw this today. Amazing! Time for more abominable frame-rates with Crysis? :D

Also, more pics please...

@red1776
That's not as bad as I thought you were going to say! lol.

Though I'm even more curious as to how you wire 3 psu's into one system? Are you just using one PSU to power the system, and one GPU, then the remaining two to just power each remaining GPU?

Or do they act like redundant PSU's in servers?

The sigma Shark is powering the MB and peripherals. The FSP Boosters are dedicated PSU's only for the Graphic system. The two BoosterX5's are connected via a 4 pin power connector each that gets a bios signal to turn on when the system starts from the main PSU. But no, they are not redundant, they all run at the same time and power different components. they all have there own power source (wall plug) as well

Hey Greg! Just saw this today. Amazing! Time for more abominable frame-rates with Crysis? :D

Also, more pics please...

LOL, I benchmarked the first level of Crysis last night everything on 'very high" at 76 FPS"

they all have there own power source (wall plug) as well

How exactly is that possible? I thought the Booster fits into the DVD Bay at the front of the case. How do you get a wire coming out to the wall plug?

How exactly is that possible? I thought the Booster fits into the DVD Bay at the front of the case. How do you get a wire coming out to the wall plug?

Thery do Rit, Each has a power cord that goes from the back of the unit to one of the removable plates on the back of the units, from there they have a regular 115 V power cord that goes to the wall. (or in this case ) into my surge protector. They are just regular PSU's except that they have only 4 PCIE 6+2 connectors each unit, instead of all the SATA,4-pin Molex,5v FDD, 8 pin MB ect. tis way, with all the OC'ing I do each unit is only running at 50%-70% of full load ( or max efficiency range) at any time. extends the lifespan of the units, and limits the heat output. ...I think 1635W and 127A should cover things :)

Sweet! What other games will you be running on this system?

By the way, did you upgrade over Vista or do a clean install of Windows 7?

Also, how are you liking that cpu? What are your thoughts, experiences thus far?

Sweet! What other games will you be running on this system?

By the way, did you upgrade over Vista or do a clean install of Windows 7?

Also, how are you liking that cpu? What are your thoughts, experiences thus far?

I did a clean win7 Professional. I am really liking this X6. I have it at 4.2Ghz right now, which took all of about 30 seconds to get there. I think I can get it to 4.4 or so with water. Paired with the 3x HD 5850's I am having no problems with the likes of Metro 2033 maxed out DX11. just waiting for my other two monitors for eyefinity :) I think what I am going to end up doing is replacing one of the 5850's with a 5970 once I finish the case im building and get the water cooling in there.

An Open Letter to OROTU............

Given that there are such structures as the Crystal Cathedral, the Taj Mahal, and the Alhambra, do you think the pedestrian moniker, "Power Station", really does this thing justice......?

Perhaps you might deem it appropriate to ponder something more expansive. Something like, "The Magnificent and Glorious Temple of Technological Excess".

Did you know that the Germans used to install sirens in the wings of their Stuka dive bombers, to intimidate the about to be bombed beneath them? Just a thought, but isn't that something you might consider installing behind the case fans?

Back