Prefixes for User Guides & Reviews forum

mailpup

TS Special Forces
Would it be possible to enable subject prefixes (filter topics) for the User Guides & Reviews forum? It would make those tutorials easier to find and sort according to subject.

We could start with: Storage, Graphics, Audio, CPU, OC/Cooling, Networking, Power Supplies, RAM, Laptops,Windows, Software, and Linux. These are initial suggestions from a quick review of the topics in that forum and are not necessarily definitive. If I missed any significant ones, we can add it. Conversely, they're not carved in stone so if any are deemed unnecessary, they can be eliminated. We could later add or delete topic filters as they become necessary.

In any case, the idea is to make it easier to find topics just like in some of the other forums.

Actually that won't fly, the forum has fewer topics than many of the other forums (since it's handpicked posts/tutorials only). At the most we would do 2-3 broader filters, e.g. hardware, software, etc.

May I dare to suggest that the Prefix system should be irrespective of any form? A user defined Prefix could be thought of as the users view of the subject, whereas a Forum is of necessity, the website organization of content.

eg: mailup & I had an exchange on the subject of a Network prefix, but it was associated with the Hardware forum and my subject was software oriented - - gee, guess what Network -> { Hardware & Software } :grin:

That was the biggest challenge in reorganizing the forum. At the same time, there were constraints to be had, and not because I want to enforce them but because the forum software we use, as good as it is, imposes them on us.

Back