Presisant BSOD, with NETIO.sys

So I am trying to help a friend remotely using Teamviewer. He his having constant BSOD, I managed to get the minidumps and run a quick check, and all say netio.sys is possible cause. I have made sure he has updated everything he can, I have tried uninstalling the drivers etc, and I can't get into non-safe mode, so I am limited.

The dumps are attached, any help would be nice.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    153.5 KB · Views: 2
I read the minidumps but before we deal with them, for clarification sake, these BSODs only occur when trying to use Teamviewer, correct? Also what is the make and model of the PC? If built by either you or him what is the make of the motherboard?

The BSOD are not only with teamviewer, I am using teamviewer to help him, but the BSOD are all the time, no matter what he is doing. As for the computer info, I asked him about that and it is below:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

P.S. He ordered the parts and made it.

You have two error codes. The first set is 0x3B and these are usually caused by faulty video card drivers. The second set is 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

All five cited Netio.sys as the probable cause which is a Windows OS driver that has to do, like tcpip.sys, with Networking/Internet protocol. The thing about OS drivers is that they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They more point out that there is a problem rather than stating where the problem lies. Netio.sys and tcpip.sys can be the exceptions.

So...

1. Update your video card to the latest drivers.

2. Go to Gigabyte's website and find the webpage for this motherboard model and update to thje latest NIC/wireless drivers.

3. The third thing of great interest is that the Zone Alarm driver vsdatant.sys was cited as not being able to load. Over the years we have seen this driver cause issues. I suggest you a) first update this software and see if that brings stability and if that doesn't work then b) uninstall ZA and see if stability is gained that way.

* I would try # 3 first.

Back