Pretty Sure It's My Memory Acer Desktop w/Mini Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a blue screen pretty much if I try to do anything except browse the internet other than that it blue screens and says physical memory dump. I've attached my mini dump zip file would appreciate any help. I'm pretty sure it's the memory on the computer.

Attachments

• Mini031110-02.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 5
Your dump points to a windows system file, i.e. consent.exe is a part of Windows Vista. Relate to: Security, System Management, default location for this file is:
%WinDir%\System32\consent.exe

Consent.exe presents consent/ password dialog on secure desktop.

However, before going any further, please attach all the minidumps you have with your next post after zipping them in a single file. Regards

I've got the computer torn apart right now, waiting for new memory. If that doesn't do it. I will post the rest of the mini dumps. REALLY appreciate your time looking at the minidump and telling me about it. Thanks a million.

You are welcome; however, had you checked your RAM with memtest, before ordering a replacement?

I'll be gladly try to help as much as I can, when you need it, Regards.

Archean, I just put in my new memory and no luck still blue screening. I've attached the latest MiniDumps. REALLY appreciate your help as this computer has only been used a few times (basically new).

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    99.1 KB · Views: 3
I got to thinking about your comment on the consent.exe file so I tried to replace it but it wouldn't let me because access denied even though I used administration rights, however I got to thinking the Panda Antivirus software I had was probably utilizing that consent.exe file so I uninstalled it and it's been running for about 30 minutes now and no blue screen which is quite good, normally 5 minutes in and blue screen. I think your help paid off. MUCHO GRACIAS

That is reassuring enough; sorry for not replying earlier, as I screwed up my PC :D

Anyway, I think I was able to find the actual issue with it, and it seemed to run alright for few minutes before I turned it off last night.

Couple of your new dumps also pointed to consent.exe; so its good thing you've done. Please keep me posted if you need any further assistance, Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back