Prime Day tech deals: Our top choices for this year's event

Ivan Franco

Staff member

Amazon hosted its first Prime Day sale on July 15, 2015, to commemorate the company's 20th anniversary. The shopping event has been held annually ever since. This year's 48-hour Prime Day runs through July 12 for Prime members in more than 20 countries including the US, Canada, Australia, China, Japan, Mexico and the UK.

We've gathered some of the best discounts we could find on tech you'll love, going through dozens of listings so you don't have to. We are filtering for high-rated products that we would otherwise recommend, but this week you can get them for less...

Bonus Track

Non-Amazon But Still Great Deals

Gaming Freebies

As part of Prime Day, Amazon is offering up a handful of bonus AAA titles through Prime Gaming.

Prime Gaming members will be able to claim free copies of Prey, Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, among others.

Expired... may come back

Permalink to story.

Gotta pay attention over time. So many "deals" are just the regular price with "deal" slapped on. Hey Kid....here is a $125 watch for 10 bucks
Yea, like lowering your $200 over list price item to list price and calling it a "deal".

I typically AVOID prime day. I know the lady that does our ordering said yesterday she was placing an order for things she orders all the time and the site was S-L-O-W or just flat out wouldn't respond.
I avoid it because I think a lot of these prime deals are priced down because they inflate the price a couple months before prime, bring it back to normal and everyone thinks it is a "deal".
Also, it wouldn't surprise me if some were returns, open/damaged boxes, overstocks or end of the model line lets get rid of them before the new model comes out deals.

Asus vivobook with amoled display and rtx 4060 for only $1300. Pretty good deal for a thin and light laptop with latest dedi graphics.

I typically AVOID prime day. I know the lady that does our ordering said yesterday she was placing an order for things she orders all the time and the site was S-L-O-W or just flat out wouldn't respond.
On Prime Day, my secretary compares prices on the things she wants, then double checks. She becomes obsessed, and we only go near her if we have Hershey bars, which she loves but avoids 99% of the time, to distract her. :D

But every year, she says she finishes almost all of her Christmas shopping during prime day.

Back