Printer will not complete reboot

Hi,

I had a power outage in the middle of printing a document on my Photosmart C6150 printer. When the power came back on, the printer was frozen and will not come back up to the ready mode. I canceled the print job from my computer and it indicates that the printer is ready, but the printer itself is in a repeat cycle. All I have on the display is the HP logo and a bar that suggests it is trying to come back up. The exclamation point on the panel then flashes and I get a message that tells me of an improper shutdown and tells me to hit "ok". This message then disappears and it starts the cycle all over again. This has been going on now for two hours. Any suggestions???

Thanks

Thanks, unfortunately I have tried to turn off the printer multiple times, but it just won't recognize any button I push; even the power button.

I tried that too multiple times. It just seems to be stuck in a loop. Nothing that I do from my computer affects it either. I even tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it on my computer with no affect. It has to be a hardware problem, but I do not know how to reset it.

Disconnect printer from everything (both power and the pc).
wait one minute

now power on the printer without any connection to the system.

if it continues with your symptom, the device is toasted.

I think it WILL reboot correctly - - showing that the PC spool system needs to be reset.

Disconnect printer from everything (both power and the pc).
wait one minute

now power on the printer without any connection to the system.

if it continues with your symptom, the device is toasted.

I think it WILL reboot correctly - - showing that the PC spool system needs to be reset.
Thanks, I have been able to get my printer back up. I appreciate all of the help.

Back