Printing from network connected Epson R360 without PC being on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammo

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to print from Epson R360 networked printer without having the PC on that the printer is directly connected to?

I was hoping to find a network cable port so that I could connect the printer directly to the router, however it only has a USB port. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Ammo

You need to purchase a networked (ethernet specifically) printer
Any other hardware adaptors, or locating a card for you printer is not worth it

There are a number of great wireless print servers that will work on that printer. Prices range from$30 to $80 depending on what you need.
It it too far away to use a USB cable? USB will work fine to network the printer off of any computers on the network... giving access to all computers... using My Network Places.

You can use a device called a Print Server to make the printer have its own IP address.

router-->your computers
+
+---------printer sever --- a printer.

then any computer can print without any other printer being active

see this

I like it !

But Retail Price: $59.99 Seems a little high

I suppose if you have an Office $300 + Printer (without option to purchase an internal ethernet card), then this option would be good.

Wow "Print Servers" have changed a bit !

the example cited was just that, an example, not an endorsement nor recommendation per se.

Just use google to look for "Print Server". Add USB only if your existing printer uses that interface :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back