Priority for router

Hello everyone,

Im playing online game Legue Of Legends and my ms is ~600 when somene is using internet too. Like example, when nobody use internet , only I, then good about 40ms. So Question is how to set priority that my computer take first place for ms. Ping beetween PC and router is 5ms. I have no other choice. Only router. My router is Arcor-Easy box A 300 Wlan. I have router amplifer too so signal is 100%. By the way, I was connected PC and router with Lan cabel too. Problem was same

Thanks for help early

Waiting opinions and answers

Best Regards, Grambas

Go to your router QoS settings (application and gaming section, depends on router type), set config for MAC priority, put the MAC address of your PC and set it to high. But I doubt this would have any significant performance improvement when alots of users are using your internet, especially with video stream (youtube perhaps?). If your router has some advance settings like manually limiting the speed/MAC, you can set the MAC of other PCs to 50% or 25% of your overall speed while you have unrestricted speed.

Go to your router QoS settings (application and gaming section, depends on router type), set config for MAC priority, put the MAC address of your PC and set it to high. But I doubt this would have any significant performance improvement when alots of users are using your internet, especially with video stream (youtube perhaps?). If your router has some advance settings like manually limiting the speed/MAC, you can set the MAC of other PCs to 50% or 25% of your overall speed while you have unrestricted speed.

I have already done it, but problem ist that internet speed is not the problem. My game using about 10kb/s ,but ms is invreased unbelievable

Do you always get 5ms ping (PC to router) with wired and wireless connection? If you have no problem when no other device are accessing the internet, then the problem is that your overall bandwidth is fully utilized. It doesnt matter if the game only uses 10kbps, other devices might be downloading/video streaming, and the packets that game server sent to you gets dropped because your max allocated bandwidth is fully utilized (the game server have to resend the data a lot of times, this is lag).

Does your router support manually configuring user-defined speed per MAC address? Have you tried it?

P.S.
I also play LoL, 2000+ normal games, 200+ dominion.

Do you always get 5ms ping (PC to router) with wired and wireless connection? If you have no problem when no other device are accessing the internet, then the problem is that your overall bandwidth is fully utilized. It doesnt matter if the game only uses 10kbps, other devices might be downloading/video streaming, and the packets that game server sent to you gets dropped because your max allocated bandwidth is fully utilized (the game server have to resend the data a lot of times, this is lag).

Does your router support manually configuring user-defined speed per MAC address? Have you tried it?

P.S.
I also play LoL, 2000+ normal games, 200+ dominion.

No, now is 1ms (PC router), in this pictures is my QoS settings, and how can i manipulate with it. but there is a lot of unknown sets...

I have make one rule udp 5000-5500 (game use this port) and move it to EF and set minimum 95%, but i think it makes no sense. I think i need to make lower other PC internet connection or what ?

this is my qos settings box
img580.imageshack.us/img580/7108/53983772.jpg
img401.imageshack.us/img401/6472/60425920.jpg

Try make a rule with the MAC address of your pc move it to EF, Set others settings to 1%, Can you click the "?" besides cancel button what does it say? Maybe 0% means unrestricted. If it still doesn't work add another rule for each of the MAC addresses of the devices accessing the internet and move them to best effort. Set traffic type for all rules to TCP and UDP. You can test by playing custom game against bot.

Back