Private Message reporting incorrectly

SNGX1275

Signed in this morning to see I became instantly popular:

pm.jpg

Obviously that is not correct, and I only had 2 private messages. I believe it showed 2 originally, then after viewing them I got 65535.

The number you linked went to Wikipedia

65535 is a frequently occurring number in the field of computing because it is the highest number which can be represented by an unsigned 16 bit binary number.

Could that have anything to do with it o_O ?
Probably just a small glitch in the PHP code somewhere.

Yes, I'm sure they are related somehow. Since nobody else is seeing it it may be specific to my account, but I have confirmed that it still exists on 3 different browsers on 2 different operating systems.

Historically....

It's also probably the amount of memory in a Commodore 64, expressed in bits, er I mean bytes (!) or (?) as befits the situation.

It is fixed now. After still reporting that today I thought maybe clearing out all my messages would fix it, thinking if I could get the actual messages down to 0 it might notice and display properly.

I deleted the first page of messages (from Inbox) and it reset it to no new messages.

Good to hear it's fixed. I tried a couple of things on my end but I think those didn't work... I didn't go into it too deeply before you got it fixed though.

Back